U++ framework
Do not panic. Ask here before giving up.

Home » Community » Coffee corner » Python for your applications
Re: Python for your applications [message #19733 is a reply to message #19732] Thu, 08 January 2009 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
captainc is currently offline  captainc
Messages: 278
Registered: December 2006
Location: New Jersey, USA
Experienced Member
I have also used embedded Python much in a very large project. It wasn't used with a gui though, just command line. I used the Paramiko SFTP module to provide as SFTP server and client as well as using Python as a way to extend the application's functionality (to perform data transformations). I also used Py2Exe to package the entire interpreter along with the program. My memory footprint was not over 10 MB and performance was good, and it was running in a Virtual Box VM.

I'll post some of the code when I get a chance again.

Just be careful with threading and embedded python, it can get tricky.
 
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: A reply to PM....
Next Topic: FLOSS Manuals
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Oct 08 06:02:57 GMT+2 2026

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00738 seconds