U++ framework
Do not panic. Ask here before giving up.

Home » Community » Newbie corner » ArrayCtrl vs. GridCtrl (A noob's perspective)
Re: ArrayCtrl vs. GridCtrl (A noob's perspective) [message #25169 is a reply to message #25150] Sat, 13 February 2010 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Messages: 14291
Registered: November 2005
Ultimate Member
alendar wrote on Fri, 12 February 2010 13:32

I started out using ArrayCtrl because I didn't see GridCtrl right off. It works good, but since it stores Value objects I wondered if it might not be faster if it was just string objects.



Performance difference would be negligible, but you would loose a lot of functionality. What about images in cells? Smile

Quote:


I found GridCtrl and got it to work. I put both next to each other and just flipped the names between them in the layout and compared the behavior on a large set.



As I see it, ArrayCtrl is headed more to be used as building block (in fact, it is used even for such things like DropList), whereas GridCtrl is geared towards a lot of prebuild functions.

Mirek

[Updated on: Sat, 13 February 2010 11:31]

Report message to a moderator

 
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: is there any way to embed a browser window in a U++ window or view the html direclty?
Next Topic: General comments
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Sep 29 01:21:47 GMT+2 2026

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00715 seconds