Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » Added OCE (OpenCascade Community Edition) 3d solid modeling kernel -- UPDATED to 0.10 version
Re: Added OCE (OpenCascade Community Edition) 3d solid modeling kernel -- UPDATED to 0.10 version [message #38074 is a reply to message #38073] Thu, 29 November 2012 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
Thank you... I'll keep updating the link above for few days; when it'll be a bit more usable, I'll setup the autoupdate server for it.

After last patch I didn't find any more crashes, but I'd like to have it stable before adding features... otherwise it will be more difficult to find bugs.
If you can, please play with more document at the same time, the difficult part was the multithreading stuff. You can copy the test drawing or, if you prefere, I can post more samples.

Max
Re: Added OCE (OpenCascade Community Edition) 3d solid modeling kernel -- UPDATED to 0.10 version [message #38077 is a reply to message #35125] Thu, 29 November 2012 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
keltor is currently offline  keltor
It would be nice, but certainly it's not essential, to have another .ucd file. In any case, I'll test the multithreading thoroughly between today and tomorrow.

So far, I can tell you something I have seen. Not a bug in itself, but something that can be a little odd to the end user. It seems that there are options that involve calling two consecutive commands, e.g. Shade - Gouraud. A right-click seems to repeat the last command, so if one right-clicks after a two-step command, only the last line gets repeated (in this case, Gouraud), which results in an error. A minor thing, really, but just so you know.

I'll tell you any other, major or minor, issues that I find, especially when working with several files at the same time.

Kel
Re: Added OCE (OpenCascade Community Edition) 3d solid modeling kernel -- UPDATED to 0.10 version [message #38086 is a reply to message #38077] Thu, 29 November 2012 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Hi Keltor,

please update your IDE with last svn and recheck... I've duplicated my patch of MSC builder to GCC one, now a command file is used if commandline length is > 8192 bytes, which is the limit for windows.

Ciao

Max
Re: Added OCE (OpenCascade Community Edition) 3d solid modeling kernel -- UPDATED to 0.10 version [message #38092 is a reply to message #35125] Fri, 30 November 2012 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ciao Max,

Creating library...
ar -sr "C:/upp/out/bazaar/OCE/MINGW.Gui.Usemalloc\OCE.a" @C:\Users\Keltor\AppData\Local\Temp\0A0002723654FF90249AAD0716804E0D.tmp
C:\MinGW\bin\ar.exe: creating C:/upp/out/bazaar/OCE/MINGW.Gui.Usemalloc\OCE.a
C:\MinGW\bin\ar.exe: C:/upp/out/bazaar/OCE/MINGW.Gui.UsemallocDynamic.o: No such file or directory
C:\MinGW\bin\ar.exe -sr "C:/upp/out/bazaar/OCE/MINGW.Gui.Usemalloc\OCE.a" @C:\Users\Keltor\AppData\Local\Temp\0A0002723654FF90249AAD0716804E
	0D.tmp
Error executing C:\MinGW\bin\ar.exe -sr "C:/upp/out/bazaar/OCE/MINGW.Gui.Usemalloc\OCE.a" @C:\Users\Keltor\AppData\Local\Temp\0A0002723654FF
	90249AAD0716804E0D.tmp
Exitcode: 1

It seems to me that you are missing a slash at the end of the directory name, e.g. MINGW.Gui.Usemalloc/Dynamic.o

Apart from that, I still had to change line 252 from file OpenGl_Context.cxx to read
Quote:

return (void*)wglGetProcAddress (theFuncName);

Either that or add the GCC compiler option -fpermissive. Although to be fair, I didn't update the OCE source today, so I don't know for sure if that change is commited or not.

Almost there, in any case.

On to the UppCad report. The newest version is much more stable, it doesn't crash as often when multiple files are open. What I encountered, though, is that it got stuck when I tried to erase an object. Certainly going in the right direction, though. Keep up the good work!

Kel
Re: Added OCE (OpenCascade Community Edition) 3d solid modeling kernel -- UPDATED to 0.10 version [message #38094 is a reply to message #38092] Fri, 30 November 2012 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
uhmmm... I guess I have to install mingw Sad
Well, this afternoon, maybe.
I just took the command line end part and put it on a command file, but maybe I missed something.

Max
Re: Added OCE (OpenCascade Community Edition) 3d solid modeling kernel -- UPDATED to 0.10 version [message #38099 is a reply to message #38094] Fri, 30 November 2012 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Ok, fixed for Mingw too... please retest with latest svn.

The (void *) bug is still there, I posted a message on OCE site about it; the static build fix is also still not merged, but it should be so in few time.

Max
Re: Added OCE (OpenCascade Community Edition) 3d solid modeling kernel -- UPDATED to 0.10 version [message #38169 is a reply to message #35125] Mon, 03 December 2012 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Retried OCETest with version 5609 and MinGW. The library gets built correctly (yay!). The linking of the OCETest executable itself, however, yields a few errors:

C:/upp/out/bazaar/OCE/MINGW.Gui.Usemalloc\OCE.a(OSD_File.o):OSD_File.cxx:(.text$_Z10_osd_printPcPKc+0x28): undefined reference to `OpenPri
	nterA@12'
C:/upp/out/bazaar/OCE/MINGW.Gui.Usemalloc\OCE.a(OSD_File.o):OSD_File.cxx:(.text$_Z10_osd_printPcPKc+0x64): undefined reference to `AddJobA
	@20'
C:/upp/out/bazaar/OCE/MINGW.Gui.Usemalloc\OCE.a(OSD_File.o):OSD_File.cxx:(.text$_Z10_osd_printPcPKc+0xb8): undefined reference to `GetJobA
	@24'
C:/upp/out/bazaar/OCE/MINGW.Gui.Usemalloc\OCE.a(OSD_File.o):OSD_File.cxx:(.text$_Z10_osd_printPcPKc+0xe4): undefined reference to `SetJobA
	@20'
C:/upp/out/bazaar/OCE/MINGW.Gui.Usemalloc\OCE.a(OSD_File.o):OSD_File.cxx:(.text$_Z10_osd_printPcPKc+0xf6): undefined reference to `ClosePr
	inter@4'
C:/upp/out/bazaar/OCE/MINGW.Gui.Usemalloc\OCE.a(OSD_File.o):OSD_File.cxx:(.text$_Z10_osd_printPcPKc+0x14d): undefined reference to `Schedu
	leJob@8'
C:/upp/out/bazaar/OCE/MINGW.Gui.Usemalloc\OCE.a(PlotMgt.o):PlotMgt.cxx:(.text$_ZN7PlotMgt10DeviceListEv+0x150): undefined reference to `En
	umPrintersA@28'
C:/upp/out/bazaar/OCE/MINGW.Gui.Usemalloc\OCE.a(PlotMgt.o):PlotMgt.cxx:(.text$_ZN7PlotMgt10DeviceListEv+0x1bd): undefined reference to `En
	umPrintersA@28'
C:/upp/out/bazaar/OCE/MINGW.Gui.Usemalloc\OCE.a(PlotMgt.o):PlotMgt.cxx:(.text$_ZN7PlotMgt10DeviceListEv+0x27e): undefined reference to `En
	umPrintersA@28'
C:/upp/out/bazaar/OCE/MINGW.Gui.Usemalloc\OCE.a(PlotMgt.o):PlotMgt.cxx:(.text$_ZN7PlotMgt10DeviceListEv+0x2eb): undefined reference to `En
	umPrintersA@28'
C:/upp/out/bazaar/OCE/WNT/MINGW.Gui.Usemalloc\WNT.a(WNT_DDriver.o):WNT_DDriver.cxx:(.text$_ZN11WNT_DDriver10DeviceListEv+0x150): undefined
	 reference to `EnumPrintersA@28'
C:/upp/out/bazaar/OCE/WNT/MINGW.Gui.Usemalloc\WNT.a(WNT_DDriver.o):WNT_DDriver.cxx:(.text$_ZN11WNT_DDriver10DeviceListEv+0x1bd): more unde
	fined references to `EnumPrintersA@28' follow

Or perhaps I need to use different OCE source files?
Re: Added OCE (OpenCascade Community Edition) 3d solid modeling kernel -- UPDATED to 0.10 version [message #38170 is a reply to message #38169] Mon, 03 December 2012 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
I don't know, I had same linking issue with mingw.
I'll test it deeply on next days with mingw, on OCE site they're testing many patches related to mingw.

Max
Re: Added OCE (OpenCascade Community Edition) 3d solid modeling kernel -- UPDATED to 0.10 version [message #38284 is a reply to message #38170] Sun, 09 December 2012 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Hi, I have updated the UppCad application with some extensions; I'll be glad if somebody will test it.
Here the links, both for windows and linux, with the usual demo drawing. Please DON'T use old demo drawing, file format is changing and they're probably incompatible.

Please test in detail the layers/materials/textures part; to look at textured drawing, just push the dark "textured" box icon near bottom.
There are now layers, materials and texture editors.
If you want to use other textures with the demo file, keep in mind that too big images will lead to long render times.
Embedded ones are a compromise between quality and size.

You can turn on/of some layers to look, for example, to iron parts in detail. It can be done through the layer control on top.
You can also draw something on a new drawing; few commands are working, just test; recently added are SPHERE and CONE.
Look also at settings menu to enable snaps.
Coordinates can be entered also by command line (quite similar to autocad).
<ESC> key interrupts current command.
Undo and redo are available by command line and menu items.
Added also a step import command, both via command line and menus.

windows : http://www.timberstruct.it/UppCad.exe
linux (64 bit) : http://www.timberstruct.it/UppCad

demo file : http://www.timberstruct.it/Frige.ucd
small demo steel part : http://www.timberstruct.it/Ferro.ucd

small demo with some other textured elements : http://www.timberstruct.it/Prova.ucd

In short time I'll update the OCE package to 0.11 version, with all bug fixes embedded.

Please report any crash (it's still not perfect, but quite stable now).

Ciao

Max

EDIT : OCE is available now in 0.11 version with all bugfixes, so it shouldn't be necessary to fetch my private GIT branches.
Just a git clone on master branch is enough.

UppCad also updated here, with many enhancements and bugfixes.

Ciao

Max

[Updated on: Mon, 10 December 2012 01:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Added OCE (OpenCascade Community Edition) 3d solid modeling kernel -- UPDATED to 0.10 version [message #38370 is a reply to message #35125] Wed, 12 December 2012 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have tried to compile version 0.11 with MinGW and I get the same linking problem as before. Also, the intptr_t error is back... That last part can be solved by adding an #include <stdint.h> in the offending files.

I have also tried UppCad and I would say it's stable now. I have tried several files at the same time and the few crashes that happened to me before seem to be solved. It has not crashed a single time yet. Good job Massimo!
Re: Added OCE (OpenCascade Community Edition) 3d solid modeling kernel -- UPDATED to 0.10 version [message #38371 is a reply to message #38370] Wed, 12 December 2012 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
keltor wrote on Wed, 12 December 2012 18:17

I have tried to compile version 0.11 with MinGW and I get the same linking problem as before. Also, the intptr_t error is back... That last part can be solved by adding an #include <stdint.h> in the offending files.

I have also tried UppCad and I would say it's stable now. I have tried several files at the same time and the few crashes that happened to me before seem to be solved. It has not crashed a single time yet. Good job Massimo!

Hi Keltor Smile

First of all, thank you for testing, I really needed it.
Then... about Mingw, are you using the 32 or 64 bit version ? Because I know there are problems with the 64 bit, and hereI've just a 32 bit one for testing.
I'll try again tomorrow, I guess, to solve these problems.

Ciao

Max
Re: Added OCE (OpenCascade Community Edition) 3d solid modeling kernel -- UPDATED to 0.10 version [message #38382 is a reply to message #35125] Thu, 13 December 2012 08:39 Go to previous message
You're very welcome, Max, my pleasure, really. Sorry it took so long though, I have been really busy these days.

I am using MinGW GCC 4.6.2 32 bit. I have also tried with TGM-GCC 4.7.0 32 bit with similar results.
Previous Topic: zip/postal code and cities
Next Topic: OpenCL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:48:43 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01471 seconds