Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Installation, Compiling and Running of theide » TheIde editor getting sluggish
Re: TheIde editor getting sluggish [message #45452 is a reply to message #45404] Mon, 16 November 2015 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Hello Mirek,

I can confirm that after the GTk/paint fix, TheIDE is finally fast and responsive again.

Thanks!

Regards,
Oblivion

[Updated on: Mon, 16 November 2015 13:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: TheIde editor getting sluggish [message #45454 is a reply to message #45451] Mon, 16 November 2015 16:40 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Mindtraveller wrote on Mon, 16 November 2015 11:01
I suppose this dialog may be completely replaced by changing the state of Navigator control. It may be drawn semi-transparent or darkened or just disabled while rescanning is in progress. The only thing here is that change must not be too contrast as visual blinking may not be good for user.
And of course it must visualized be only when rescanning takes more than 3-4 seconds. In other case, rescanning must be done in background and without notification.

Yes, I was thinking about similar solution (but not in Navigator, which after all does not need to be even visible when it happens). I will probably add a feature to Progress to 'redirect' displaying somewhere else int he process.

As for delay, it is already there. Unfortunately, it looks like sometimes the total time is just a bit longer that the delay, so it does not really help.....

Anyway, for this release, I consider this issue closed. Will improve this in 2015...
Previous Topic: Failed to auto setup build method in 32bit Win 7 with VC2015
Next Topic: Slow processing of compilation/linking messages
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:10:06 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00879 seconds