Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » ArrayCtrl, HeaderCtrl & GridCtrl » GridCtrl 'Key' modifications / questions
GridCtrl 'Key' modifications / questions [message #10131] Thu, 21 June 2007 20:37 Go to next message
kcabobert is currently offline  kcabobert
I am hitting a variety of issues with GridCtrl not passing keys through to its parent. For example, I often use <Esc> to cancel current form editing operations, or to close a window.

I am thinking about adding 'IgnoreEsc(bool gnore)' to GridCtrl, then modifying the corresponding section of GridCtrl::Key(dword,int) to:
  case K_ESCAPE:
    if ( !ignore_esc )
      if(HasCtrls())
      {
        CancelEdit();
        return true;
      }
    else
      return Ctrl::Key(key,count);

Is that a clean way to approach such modifications? Should I rather derive a child, then adjust Key there?
Re: GridCtrl 'Key' modifications / questions [message #10132 is a reply to message #10131] Thu, 21 June 2007 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

This problem is already solved. Please wait for new package.
Re: GridCtrl 'Key' modifications / questions [message #10134 is a reply to message #10132] Thu, 21 June 2007 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where will you post the new package? Is a development version publicly accessible now (perhaps via svn)?
Re: GridCtrl 'Key' modifications / questions [message #10136 is a reply to message #10134] Thu, 21 June 2007 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

For now here. In the next week there will be new dev release and svn updated.
  • Attachment: GridCtrl.7z
    (Size: 64.91KB, Downloaded 252 times)
Re: GridCtrl 'Key' modifications / questions [message #10139 is a reply to message #10131] Fri, 22 June 2007 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I still get errors pertaining to the assembler code... but I can work around that.

Some other, more interesting errors:

GridCtrl.h:926: error: 'PasteClip' has not been declared

GridCtrl.cpp:2031: error: 'ChildFrameMouseEvent' is not a member of 'Upp::Ctrl'

GridCtrl.cpp:2031: error: return-statement with a value, in function returning 'void'

GridCtrl.cpp:2034: error: 'PasteClip' has not been declared

Does this compile cleanly for you?
Re: GridCtrl 'Key' modifications / questions [message #10140 is a reply to message #10139] Fri, 22 June 2007 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The above errors were from gcc-4.0.1, on a Mac.

Under Win XP w/ VC8 I get:

GridCtrl.h(926) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'PasteClip'
GridCtrl.cpp(747) : fatal error C1903: unable to recover from previous error(s); stopping compilation

So whatever "PasteClip" is, it is preventing me from using the new version.
Re: GridCtrl 'Key' modifications / questions [message #10141 is a reply to message #10131] Fri, 22 June 2007 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am trying Upp-705-dev3. It appears that you did not add the "Set( int row, const char* alias, cont Value& val )" member?

Also, as a side note, does upp-705-dev3 compile on any operating system beside Windows? And, is it stable enough to use?
Re: GridCtrl 'Key' modifications / questions [message #10151 is a reply to message #10141] Fri, 22 June 2007 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
waxblood is currently offline  waxblood
kcabobert wrote on Fri, 22 June 2007 00:52

Also, as a side note, does upp-705-dev3 compile on any operating system beside Windows? And, is it stable enough to use?

On Linux it does not compile - The UVS dev does, but, alas, it seems to have stability problems - from my POV next version will render upp on Linux really complete and functional - with Drag and drop support and copy/paste with middle click

Look at this thread for more info:
http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=971 4&#msg_9714

Ciao,
David

Re: GridCtrl 'Key' modifications / questions [message #10152 is a reply to message #10139] Fri, 22 June 2007 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

You must wait for new dev release. GridCtrl just follows current uppsrc changes.
Quote:

I am trying Upp-705-dev3. It appears that you did not add the "Set( int row, const char* alias, cont Value& val )" member?

Strange, I thought I did it. I will check it.
Quote:

I always use the latest version of Upp. In the most cases (if core is not changed) it's more stable (and with bugs fixed) than the previous version.
Quote:

I still get errors pertaining to the assembler code... but I can work around that.

What errors? Assembly code is only in MSC80 version. It seems like you use mingw - maybe it does not set flagGCC. I'll check that out too.

Sorry for troubles, but I think with new dev everyting will be finally ok.
Re: GridCtrl 'Key' modifications / questions [message #10156 is a reply to message #10152] Fri, 22 June 2007 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:

Set( int row, const char* alias, cont Value& val )" member?

You're rigth. It's missing. Added now.
Re: GridCtrl 'Key' modifications / questions [message #10157 is a reply to message #10156] Fri, 22 June 2007 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

Here's the new package with missing Set. It compiles without problems with MINGW (gcc 3.4.5) and MSC. No problems with assembler (plese post compiler errors).
  • Attachment: GridCtrl.7z
    (Size: 65.22KB, Downloaded 251 times)
Re: GridCtrl 'Key' modifications / questions [message #10162 is a reply to message #10131] Fri, 22 June 2007 18:03 Go to previous message
Is there a way for me to use UVS to checkout a current copy of UPP and GridCtrl together? More on point, I do not even know where to get UVS, I have search the site for "uvs" "version{ing}" with no luck.

(YES, I do realize this is not the best thread in which to ask this question).
Previous Topic: GridCtrl - Child Ctrl, selected row, focus issue
Next Topic: ArrayCtrl & Option == CheckListBox ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:28:41 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02401 seconds