Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » How to predefine compiler wide macro from IDE?
How to predefine compiler wide macro from IDE? [message #10254] Wed, 27 June 2007 21:49 Go to next message
pvozenilek is currently offline  pvozenilek
Promising Member
(Sorry for newbie question but I couldn't find answer anywhere.)

Is there a way how to define a macro in IDE for certain compiler (all configurations) so it'll be passed down to the command line? My problem is: GCC on Win32 defines macro WIN32 while VC7.1/8 define macro _WIN32 and I do not want to complicate the code because of this.

(Since I do not know where to report bugs: external MingW 4.1.2 is installed without gdb.exe, TheIDE 2007.1 is installed w/o MingW, when I try to debug a successfully GCC compiled program IDE goes down with message "Error invoking gdb!" and then crash.)

/Pavel
Re: How to predefine compiler wide macro from IDE? [message #10255 is a reply to message #10254] Wed, 27 June 2007 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pvozenilek is currently offline  pvozenilek
Promising Member
To answer myself: it is in the Project -> Package Organizer. Strangley the settings for the main package are not reflected in the other packages. Oh well.

/Pavel
Re: How to predefine compiler wide macro from IDE? [message #10321 is a reply to message #10255] Mon, 02 July 2007 08:48 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
pvozenilek wrote on Wed, 27 June 2007 16:43

Strangley the settings for the main package are not reflected in the other packages. Oh well.

Why do you think it should?
Previous Topic: Linking with usb library
Next Topic: [feature] Blitz gratiously handling problems
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:14:04 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01108 seconds