Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Installation, Compiling and Running of theide » Fails to find gtk libs -2007.1 under Linux
Fails to find gtk libs -2007.1 under Linux [message #10349] Tue, 03 July 2007 17:56 Go to next message
DuncanShortland is currently offline  DuncanShortland
Installed U++2007.1 under mandiva 2007 Free linux.

theide installed fine and appears to display information like Windows version, loads applications etc.

However when trying to build installed examples comes up with many errors failing to find <gtk/gtk.h>
ie no such file ir directory.

Don't know how to resolve the problem.

Re: Fails to find gtk libs -2007.1 under Linux [message #10375 is a reply to message #10349] Wed, 04 July 2007 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DuncanShortland is currently offline  DuncanShortland
Have found gtk-2.0 on my system BUT no source code or gtk/gtk.h.

Do I have to load the source from the sourceforge site and install it into upp source or is there a version available somewhere?
Re: Fails to find gtk libs -2007.1 under Linux [message #10377 is a reply to message #10349] Wed, 04 July 2007 18:53 Go to previous message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
Under kubuntu (debian like distribution) I do have "libgtk2.0-dev" installed (which probably does the trick).
I'm not sure what kind of program installer is used under mandriva, but I'm pretty sure there will be GTK development packages under it, just search around in the default system repository or whatever it is called in Mandriva.

edit:
http://www.mandrake.tips.4.free.fr/review2006.html

the software for installing from default software repositories is named "urpmi" Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 04 July 2007 19:00]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: TheIde 'Access is denied' message
Next Topic: Missing Templates
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 09:13:07 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04715 seconds