Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Installation, Compiling and Running of theide » Linux Makefile for
Linux Makefile for [message #10538] Sun, 15 July 2007 01:46 Go to next message
ebojd is currently offline  ebojd
Experienced Member
Does anyone have a Linux or OSX Makefile for the current dev or UVS tree? Or something close to get started...

EBo --
Re: Linux Makefile for [message #10539 is a reply to message #10538] Sun, 15 July 2007 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Bas is on holidays... Smile

The standard procedure is to use theide to build theide...

And to create a makefile, use theide to get one...
Re: Linux Makefile for [message #10559 is a reply to message #10539] Mon, 16 July 2007 16:35 Go to previous message
ebojd is currently offline  ebojd
Experienced Member
Fair enough ... I have not found any instructions for setting up the experimental source tree within u++ -- specifically, there is no top level upp.var.

Here is a list of things I did to get started (for those of you wishing to do similar). So, maybe this can be the start of the *getting the dev tree working in Linux* HowTo... Also, luzr et al., if you see me doing something obvious stupid please point it out so I can correct it Wink

1) download the dev tree from a UVS/SVN/CVS.

2) set up a a new assembly. Note: I decided to do this by hand and copied/hand-edited a new variable (~/.theide/uppsrc.var):

UPP = "/usr/local/src/ultimate/uppsrc";
OUTPUT = "/old_root/upp/devout";
COMMON = "/usr/local/src/ultimate/Common";

3) start upp and select the "ide" package.

4) run Build->Create_makefile

5) Now I start up a terminal, cd to /usr/local/src/ultimate/uppsrc/ide and simply run "make". This will generate a base Makefile. For me this one just ran out of the box this time. You may have to edit it from time to time to fix various configuration settings, etc, but should be close to just running. In the past there were problems with not being able to find various include files or libraries whose configurations are known via pkg-config...

This is a start...

EBo --
Previous Topic: Missing Templates
Next Topic: upp UVS dev aborst after setup->environment close
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:49:15 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02588 seconds