Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Archive » you can download and compile AGG with Ultimate++
you can download and compile AGG with Ultimate++ [message #1066] Sun, 19 February 2006 09:59 Go to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
After beeing fed up with the speed and convenience of Code::Blocks, I've have adapted AGG for U++ (only win32 for now but I think it will be not difficult for Linux). Try it. And if anyone still uses C::Blocks, then compare code completion... IMHO, Ultimate++ rules! Installation instructions inside the zip. Any questions, just ask.

Re: you can download and compile AGG with Ultimate++ [message #1068 is a reply to message #1066] Sun, 19 February 2006 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
"1.put "agg-2.4-upp-all.zip" file into your main upp dir where theide.exe is located."

...but please be aware that U++ will delete it when upgrading...

Mirek
Re: you can download and compile AGG with Ultimate++ [message #1069 is a reply to message #1068] Sun, 19 February 2006 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
luzr wrote on Sun, 19 February 2006 04:18

"1.put "agg-2.4-upp-all.zip" file into your main upp dir where theide.exe is located."

...but please be aware that U++ will delete it when upgrading...

Mirek

I know, I know already... Smile but forgotten to add a note. Embarassed
Re: you can download and compile AGG with Ultimate++ [message #1072 is a reply to message #1066] Sun, 19 February 2006 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jadeite is currently offline  jadeite
Ha, I don't know how I missed this thread earlier. This is great to already be able to use AGG in U++. I'll give it a shot in the next few days.

Thanks fudadmin!
Re: you can download and compile AGG with Ultimate++ [message #1075 is a reply to message #1066] Sun, 19 February 2006 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jadeite is currently offline  jadeite
fudadmin wrote on Sun, 19 February 2006 03:59

I've have adapted AGG for U++ (only win32 for now but I think it will be not difficult for Linux). Try it.

I tried it. Installation and compile of GraphTest examples is smooth as silk.

Don't you just love the code of Maxim; it is sooo clean!

GraphTest example has a nice benchmarking feature. Are we able to render on a surface using AGG INSIDE A U++ APP yet (with new BGAR feature by luzr)? If so, you can build the GraphTest example in U++ framework, and run the benchmark to compare the 'pumping' of graphics to screen b/w the lightweight AGG widget set and U++ framework. They claim AGG is built for speed (not size), so it might be a good test case to test part of U++ system. Shouldn't be that much difference in 2 because AGG will be doing most of the dirty work, but could still be useful.
Cheers

[Updated on: Sun, 19 February 2006 15:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: you can download and compile AGG with Ultimate++ [message #1076 is a reply to message #1075] Sun, 19 February 2006 15:50 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Considering pumping perfomance, there are my earlier results of "pumping" in "announcments" section.

The test was pumping 800x600 rectangle with various primitive painting (nothing, just cleaning with single color, text rendering, AA text rendering etc) to the screen.

Results varied, best machines (couriously, "best" in this case had little to do with actuall performance, we have seen Celeron 2.4Ghz with cheap VGA outperfoming 3.0Ghz Northwood with 6800GT) were pushing 600 rectangles / s with easy, however, some gone as low as 10 / s, which is clearly unacceptable.

There are also other issues to consider:

- printing

- terminal services in Win32, X11 over ethernet

BTW, during test, "pumping" was the most expensive operation, followed by "cleaning" (basically memset). Second one indicates that this is more or less memory bandwidth limited issue - it does not matter that much what operations are you performing to pixels, as the most expensive operation is simply the memory access itself.

Mirek
Previous Topic: Anti-Grain Support
Next Topic: Draggable, detachable, docable, vertical toolbars...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:23:48 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01269 seconds