Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » ArrayCtrl, HeaderCtrl & GridCtrl » crash in dev version of GridCtrl.cpp
crash in dev version of GridCtrl.cpp [message #11020] Tue, 14 August 2007 17:31 Go to next message
nixnixnix is currently offline  nixnixnix
Hi

I just upgraded from 2007.1 to 708dev1 in order to get access to the callback4 function.

However, now I get a crash at line 3399 of GridCtrl.cpp whenever I move the mouse over the column headers. I'm surprised that no-one else gets this as I've tested in two separate apps that both use the GridCtrl and they both crash the same way.

I have SetRowCount to 100 but in GridCtrl::GetSplitRow() it thinks the lastVisRow = 199 and so it attempts to look at vitems[199] when in fact there are only 101. Looks a lot like a bug to me Smile

Any ideas?

Nick

[Updated on: Tue, 14 August 2007 17:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: crash in dev version of GridCtrl.cpp [message #11021 is a reply to message #11020] Tue, 14 August 2007 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

I probably know what I broke Smile but could you post here a minimal crash test?

PS: Sorry for troubles. I was modifing grid beacause of DropGrid..
Re: crash in dev version of GridCtrl.cpp [message #11022 is a reply to message #11021] Tue, 14 August 2007 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

Funny bug. Fixed. I'll update svn tomorrow.
Re: crash in dev version of GridCtrl.cpp [message #11023 is a reply to message #11021] Wed, 15 August 2007 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi there,

I made a test case which I'm attaching although it seems you've already fixed it. I'm posting anyway just to be sure.

Nick

p.s. I don't know about svn. How can I get a fixed version please?

[Updated on: Wed, 15 August 2007 00:32]

Re: crash in dev version of GridCtrl.cpp [message #11027 is a reply to message #11023] Wed, 15 August 2007 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

Thank you for a test case. Crash is gone Smile. Here is my developement snapshot of GridCtrl. Svn is our repository located at upp.sf.net.
  • Attachment: GridCtrl.zip
    (Size: 78.34KB, Downloaded 259 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 15 August 2007 11:03]

Re: crash in dev version of GridCtrl.cpp [message #11033 is a reply to message #11027] Wed, 15 August 2007 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, I downloaded it.

I also installed the Tortoise client and attempted to access upp.sf.net but with no joy. Not sure which forum this would come under so thought I'd ask here while we're on the subject. I would only want to be able to contribute through a senior member such as yourself but if its possible to get access to the latest fixes that would be great.

Nick
Re: crash in dev version of GridCtrl.cpp [message #11054 is a reply to message #11027] Fri, 17 August 2007 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi again,

sorry to bother you again but I just got round to installing the new version of the GridCtrl and now I get this

C:\upp\uppsrc\GridCtrl\GridCtrl.cpp: In member function `Upp::GridCtrl::ItemRect& Upp::GridCtrl::AddColumn(Upp::Id, const char*, int, bool)':
C:\upp\uppsrc\GridCtrl\GridCtrl.cpp:1460: error: operands to ?: have different types

as an error when I try to compile. I can see that the error makes sense but I'm just not sure what you are intending there. Any ideas how to fix it?

Nick

Re: crash in dev version of GridCtrl.cpp [message #11056 is a reply to message #11054] Fri, 17 August 2007 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

I'll check that tomorrow. With Visual C++ there should not be a problem. Do you use gcc?
Re: crash in dev version of GridCtrl.cpp [message #11058 is a reply to message #11056] Fri, 17 August 2007 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah I use mingw as I want to be cross-platform.

I had too many bad experiences with Visual C++ which is why I now use UPP.

There's no hurry actually as I don't use that function so I just commented out the offending condition.

[Updated on: Fri, 17 August 2007 15:26]

Re: crash in dev version of GridCtrl.cpp [message #11067 is a reply to message #11058] Fri, 17 August 2007 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

ok, fixed. Quick fix: add (const char *) before ~id
Re: crash in dev version of GridCtrl.cpp [message #11085 is a reply to message #11067] Sat, 18 August 2007 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for fixing that.

Got another one for you Smile

ItemRect::Editable(bool b) crashes whenever I try to use it. I've attached a new crashtest to illustrate.

Build the attached app, run it, select a row, press the Lock Row button and there it goes...

Really, I don't have it in for you. I love the GridCtrl and use it lots. I just appear to have a knack for breaking it Razz

Nick

p.s. I tried NoEditable() too but am guessing it uses the same code.
Re: crash in dev version of GridCtrl.cpp [message #11086 is a reply to message #11085] Sun, 19 August 2007 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

nixnixnix wrote on Sat, 18 August 2007 17:46

Thanks ItemRect::Editable(bool b) crashes whenever I try to use it. I've attached a new crashtest to illustrate.

It's fixed now. It's an effect of unifinished modifing editable methods to work at runtime requested by one of upp user some time ago.
Quote:

Really, I don't have it in for you. I love the GridCtrl and use it lots. I just appear to have a knack for breaking it Razz

It took me a while to find what "to have it in for sb" means. New english methaphore to remeber Smile
Answering that I'm always happy if users report bugs. Becasuse I can make their and main software better/more stable. What's more users which reports bugs and give a feedback are my favourite users Wink
GridCtrl is quite complicated and I'm not able to find all glitches myself so thank you for using and testing it. Keep going!
Re: crash in dev version of GridCtrl.cpp [message #11092 is a reply to message #11086] Sun, 19 August 2007 14:40 Go to previous message
Yeah sorry for the obscure english Smile

When I try to browse the SVN using tortoise i get an error. Is the full URL upp.sf.net cos tortoise says it is not valid?

Is there a better client or could you post the fixed version here please?

Nick

Previous Topic: Can I center an Option control in an ArrayCtrl column?
Next Topic: Missing GridCtrl?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:55:11 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01864 seconds