Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » OS Problems etc., Win32, POSIX, MacOS, FreeBSD, X11 etc » Application crash on Vista
Application crash on Vista [message #11300] Sun, 02 September 2007 02:17 Go to next message
michael is currently offline  michael
Experienced Member
After many problems i've finally compiled my application on vista using mingw.

But it always crashes after a little while. Now i build it in debug-mode and got these error directly at the start of my application:

* C:\upp\out\MINGW.Debug_full.Gui\prohibisZA.exe 02.09.2007 02:11:01, user: michael

Assertion failed in C:/upp/uppsrc/Core/Value.h, line 431
dynamic_cast<const RichValueRep *>(p)

This is what my application reports to its debug log.

No error on Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

I think it has somthing todo with this warning:

In file included from C:/upp/out/RichText/MINGW.Debug_full.Gui\$blitz.cpp:88:
C:\upp\uppsrc\RichText\ParseRTF.cpp: In member function `Upp::String Upp::RTFParser::ReadBinHex(char&) const':
C:\upp\uppsrc\RichText\ParseRTF.cpp:902: warning: converting of negative value `-0x000000001' to `unsigned int'

Any idea what makes my application crashing all the time or how to get rid of these errors?

[Updated on: Sun, 02 September 2007 16:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Application crash on Vista [message #11302 is a reply to message #11300] Sun, 02 September 2007 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
michael wrote on Sun, 02 September 2007 02:17

But it always crashes after a little while. Now i build it in debug-mode and got these error directly at the start of my application:

* C:\upp\out\MINGW.Debug_full.Gui\prohibisZA.exe 02.09.2007 02:11:01, user: michael

In the past I got the same error. If I remind it is related to some control that display qtf content but this is too wide to fit in the control. Try to increase the dimension of the ctrl.
Hope this can be useful.

Luigi
Re: Application crash on Vista [message #11303 is a reply to message #11300] Sun, 02 September 2007 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
michael wrote on Sat, 01 September 2007 20:17

You are extracting an incompatible value from Value. E.g. you have String in Value and you are extracting int.

This can e.g. happen if you try to get "int" from EditString.

Mirek
Re: Application crash on Vista [message #11304 is a reply to message #11300] Sun, 02 September 2007 23:20 Go to previous message
michael is currently offline  michael
Experienced Member
Opps... you are right. After adding a colum to an sql table i forgot to edit the way i read data from this table. So i read a string from to an integer variable. Exactly what you said.

Thanks, Mirek.

[Updated on: Sun, 02 September 2007 23:50]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: How to remove all references to GTK in Linux
Next Topic: Testing OsX Leopard
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:03:48 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01337 seconds