Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » Help<->code switch key [FEATURE REQUEST]
Help<->code switch key [FEATURE REQUEST] [message #11953] Thu, 04 October 2007 02:00 Go to next message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

Proposal is very simple.
Because the help tab in IDE is a special and unique one, I suppose, it would be convenient to have a key for switching between current code tab and help tab. Something like pressing F1 within help tab switches back to code or some new key.
In the other hand pressing F1 while withing code tab (when Help tab is already opened) doesn`t reset Help back to the root article, but simply switches from current code tab to Help tab.

It is trivial but saves much time of frequent mouseclicking while learning U++ with IDE Help.

[Updated on: Thu, 04 October 2007 02:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Help<->code switch key [FEATURE REQUEST] [message #11954 is a reply to message #11953] Thu, 04 October 2007 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Mindtraveller wrote on Wed, 03 October 2007 20:00

Proposal is very simple.
Because the help tab in IDE is a special and unique one, I suppose, it would be convenient to have a key for switching between current code tab and help tab. Something like pressing F1 within help tab switches back to code or some new key.
In the other hand pressing F1 while withing code tab (when Help tab is already opened) doesn`t reset Help back to the root article, but simply switches from current code tab to Help tab.

It is trivial but saves much time of frequent mouseclicking while learning U++ with IDE Help.

Not sure I quite understand what you suggest.

Current behaviour: F1 in code editor switches to Help (article not changed). F1 in help closes items in the tree. Ctrl+Tab in Help goes back to code.

Do you suggest to F1 in help to behave as Ctrl+Tab instead of closing the tree? (A good idea IMO). Or even something else?

Mirek
Re: Help<->code switch key [FEATURE REQUEST] [message #11956 is a reply to message #11954] Thu, 04 October 2007 11:04 Go to previous message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

Yes, my suggestion is to have F1 key switching between code and help without changing current help article or closing help tree.

Context help is now becoming Ctrl-F1 (going by forum posts) - that`s OK.

[Updated on: Thu, 04 October 2007 11:05]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Strange behaviour of the query option of TheIDE
Next Topic: New func/class divider [FEATURE REQUEST]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:38:05 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03439 seconds