Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » [FEATURE REQUEST]Static and dynamic libraries targets
[FEATURE REQUEST]Static and dynamic libraries targets [message #12471] Sun, 04 November 2007 22:32 Go to next message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
Well, reading the forum I know that it's possible to get libraries from packages creating a dummy executable and grabbing them from output but... I think it's quite cumbersome and not professional way. I'm working with a *very* big library that is unmanageable as package (all things get too slow) and I had to resort to Codeblocks to build it as a library.... Not a nice thing, more because codeblocks has no (easy) way to make portable projects as theide.
It would be *much* easier to make a package in theide with libraries as output, both for win and for linux.

Ciao

Max
Re: [FEATURE REQUEST]Static and dynamic libraries targets [message #12472 is a reply to message #12471] Sun, 04 November 2007 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
mdelfede wrote on Sun, 04 November 2007 16:32

Well, reading the forum I know that it's possible to get libraries from packages creating a dummy executable and grabbing them from output but... I think it's quite cumbersome and not professional way. I'm working with a *very* big library that is unmanageable as package (all things get too slow) and I had to resort to Codeblocks to build it as a library.... Not a nice thing, more because codeblocks has no (easy) way to make portable projects as theide.
It would be *much* easier to make a package in theide with libraries as output, both for win and for linux.

Ciao

Max

Note: Dynamic libraries as target are supported... (in the past, we had used U++ to create OCX controls...)

Mirek
Re: [FEATURE REQUEST]Static and dynamic libraries targets [message #12473 is a reply to message #12472] Sun, 04 November 2007 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
luzr wrote on Sun, 04 November 2007 22:41

Note: Dynamic libraries as target are supported... (in the past, we had used U++ to create OCX controls...)

You mean windows DLL, I guess... because I don't see anything about linux shared libs.

Ciao

Max

Re: [FEATURE REQUEST]Static and dynamic libraries targets [message #12476 is a reply to message #12473] Mon, 05 November 2007 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
mdelfede wrote on Sun, 04 November 2007 17:20

luzr wrote on Sun, 04 November 2007 22:41

You mean windows DLL, I guess... because I don't see anything about linux shared libs.

Ciao

Max

"DLL" in configuration should produce ".so" in linux (AFAIK, never really did that....)

Mirek
Re: [FEATURE REQUEST]Static and dynamic libraries targets [message #12479 is a reply to message #12476] Mon, 05 November 2007 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
luzr wrote on Mon, 05 November 2007 10:15

"DLL" in configuration should produce ".so" in linux (AFAIK, never really did that....)

Ahhhh ! Very Happy I didn't it either.... This evening I'll try it. And what about static libs ? That's useful too....

Ciao

Max

Re: [FEATURE REQUEST]Static and dynamic libraries targets [message #18677 is a reply to message #12479] Thu, 16 October 2008 09:04 Go to previous message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

Max, did you finally manage to compile packages as libraries?
Previous Topic: SVN Rev 511 ide Linux build fail
Next Topic: SVN synchronize working dir
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:33:08 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01376 seconds