Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » console + WIN-GDI
console + WIN-GDI [message #12492] Mon, 05 November 2007 21:31 Go to next message
amando1957 is currently offline  amando1957
Hello folks,

I am using WIN2K. At the console (without U++) the WIN-GDI-funcs are not supported obviously. So i tried a Core_console, with U++. Now the WIN-Clipboard-funcs are accepted, but not the SetPixel() (WIN-GDI):
(translated from German)
Linking...
core_console_win.obj : error LNK2019: not resolved external symbol '__imp__SetPixel@1
	6', referred to in function '"void __cdecl ConsoleMainFn_(void)" (?ConsoleMainFn_@@YAXXZ
	)'
C:\upp\out\MSC71.Debug_full\core_console_win.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved external symbol

I need to cover the GDI-funcs at the console too, for drawing at the desktop, printer and memory-bitmaps. I had the same problem at a WIN2-project. Another WIN-func (for the soundboard) was accepted, but the GDI-funcs seem to be a problem.

Now well, that's a linker-error, but what to do? Do i need a particular lib for the WIN-GDI-funcs, or alike?

with kind greets
Martin
Re: console + WIN-GDI [message #12500 is a reply to message #12492] Tue, 06 November 2007 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrjt is currently offline  mrjt
Contributor
You need to link with gdi32.lib and (probably) user32.lib.

The easiest way to do this is to create a console app and then add the Draw package to it. As bonus you can then use all the useful Draw functions.

James
Re: console + WIN-GDI [message #12574 is a reply to message #12500] Fri, 09 November 2007 12:40 Go to previous message
amando1957 is currently offline  amando1957
Hello folks,

Thanks for the hint. Now i have tried a console (with U++), added the Draw package, is running fine now, Smile. Also with the CtrlLib-type it takes all the GDI.

However, only at the WIN32-project, i still get the linker error for "'__imp__CreateSolidBrush@4'". Don't i need the same there, to add the Draw package?

with kind greets
martin

Previous Topic: Building & using U++ without TheIDE
Next Topic: setting include-path
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:16:02 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01162 seconds