FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » Upp 711-dev1 released
Upp 711-dev1 released [message #12561] Fri, 09 November 2007 10:08 Go to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

Changes since 710-dev1:
  • Going into Help (pressing F1 or icon/menu) now does not change the tree or topic.
  • F1 in help now has the same effect as pressing Ctrl+Tab
  • Win64 support (library only)
  • Automatic setup in TheIDE now supports (auto-installs) MSC8 - x64 compiler
  • Drawing now supports Null
  • Fixed GetMinSize in .usc
  • Layout Font property height now zoomed
  • "init" files in packages. More here http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=2834& amp;start=0&
  • Fixed "Writes to freed blocks" bug in ide
  • Added ProgessIndicator::SetColor
  • Added ASSERT_ macro - ASSERT with "message" parameter. U++ will now tell you what is wrong with your Value conversions
  • New widget MultiButton
  • added void Ctrl::LayoutId(const char *s) to put the name of layout variable into the Ctrl
  • There is now much improved chameleon support for DropList, DropChoice, DropGrid, DropDate, DropTime and EditField for Windows Vista
  • StaticRect enhanced to support Ch Values
  • Added chameleon utility functions to add and remove margins from rectangle
  • Chameleon can set now style for individual componenets of composite widgets
  • IconDes / .iml changed to premultiplied format
  • Added BackPaintHint. More here http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=2867& amp;start=0&
  • Fixed Upp to work in Linux again
  • DateTimeCtrl replaced by DropDate and DropTime
  • Improvements to painting system
  • Many fixes to GridCtrl and DropGrid

That should be all Smile Since this releases src package is back. SVN was updated.
Re: Upp 711-dev1 released [message #12582 is a reply to message #12561] Fri, 09 November 2007 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novo is currently offline  Novo
Ultimate Contributor
theide.exe is 8.5 megabytes now. It looks like you've uploaded the debug build ...

Regards,
Novo
Re: Upp 711-dev1 released [message #12595 is a reply to message #12582] Fri, 09 November 2007 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

Strange... It's too big. I'll check it. Thanks for reporting.
Re: Upp 711-dev1 released [message #12607 is a reply to message #12595] Sat, 10 November 2007 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
waxblood is currently offline  waxblood
I've tried to compile Uvs2 with last svn version of Upp, but I've found missing qualifiers to function GetCountTick() in plugin/ftp/lib/ftplib.cpp . Writing UPP::GetCountClick() solved the problem.

David
Re: Upp 711-dev1 released [message #12636 is a reply to message #12607] Sun, 11 November 2007 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
waxblood wrote on Sat, 10 November 2007 11:30

I've tried to compile Uvs2 with last svn version of Upp, but I've found missing qualifiers to function GetCountTick() in plugin/ftp/lib/ftplib.cpp . Writing UPP::GetCountClick() solved the problem.

David

Platform? Compiler?

Mirek
Re: Upp 711-dev1 released [message #12666 is a reply to message #12636] Mon, 12 November 2007 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
waxblood is currently offline  waxblood

Xubuntu 7.10 with gcc 4.1.3 and, yes, the previous was a horrible bug report: I wrote the function name wrong for two times Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

This is the corrected version:

I've tried to compile Uvs2 with last svn version of Upp, but I've found missing qualifiers to calls to function GetTickCount() in plugin/ftp/lib/ftplib.cpp, lines 484, 491 . Writing UPP::GetTickCount() solved the problem.

David

[Updated on: Mon, 12 November 2007 20:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Upp 711-dev1 released [message #12683 is a reply to message #12666] Tue, 13 November 2007 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
waxblood wrote on Mon, 12 November 2007 14:33

Xubuntu 7.10 with gcc 4.1.3 and, yes, the previous was a horrible bug report:

Thanks, this one is much better Smile Patched.

Mirek
Re: Upp 711-dev1 released [message #12688 is a reply to message #12561] Tue, 13 November 2007 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
May I ask you to update uppsrc/ide/Makefile next time you release Upp? Current Makefile is not up-to-date and sometimes people do not have permissions to install prebuilt version of Upp into /usr or /usr/local. So, there is no way to generate that Makefile.

I'd make it for NOGTK + Optimal + Shared configuration.

TIA

Regards,
Novo

[Updated on: Tue, 13 November 2007 03:44]

Re: Upp 711-dev1 released [message #12691 is a reply to message #12688] Tue, 13 November 2007 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Novo wrote on Mon, 12 November 2007 21:37

May I ask you to update uppsrc/ide/Makefile next time you release Upp? Current Makefile is not up-to-date and sometimes people do not have permissions to install prebuilt version of Upp into /usr or /usr/local. So, there is no way to generate that Makefile.

I'd make it for NOGTK + Optimal + Shared configuration.

TIA

Actually, the right thing to do right now is to delete the Makefile. Maintaining it is a job of Linux release maintainer, unfortunately it seems like Bas does not have a time for it right now Sad

Mirek
Re: Upp 711-dev1 released [message #12707 is a reply to message #12691] Tue, 13 November 2007 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
luzr wrote on Tue, 13 November 2007 03:40

Actually, the right thing to do right now is to delete the Makefile. Maintaining it is a job of Linux release maintainer, unfortunately it seems like Bas does not have a time for it right now Sad

Mirek

It is only a few mouse clicks ...

Bureaucracy forever !!!

Regards,
Novo
Re: Upp 711-dev1 released [message #12729 is a reply to message #12707] Wed, 14 November 2007 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrjt is currently offline  mrjt
Contributor
A couple of issues:
1- ArrayCtrl NoBackground doesn't work. I reaised this issue in this thread, but the change still hasn't made it into the release.
ArrayCtrl.cpp line 740 should be (I think):
if (!nobg) w.DrawRect(r, SColorPaper);

2- In DropList, some members that were previously protected are now private. I was using these to implement Remove:
	void Remove(int i) {
		key.Remove(i);
		list.Remove(i);
		Adjust();
	}
Since I can no longer do this, could Remove be added to DropList please?

Otherwise very nice release Smile Does the additon of MultiButton mean that the funny Linux scrollbars (with two button at the bottom) are now emulated?

[Updated on: Wed, 14 November 2007 14:01]

Re: Upp 711-dev1 released [message #12730 is a reply to message #12729] Wed, 14 November 2007 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
mrjt wrote on Wed, 14 November 2007 07:50

A couple of issues:
1- ArrayCtrl NoBackground doesn't work. I reaised this issue in this thread, but the change still hasn't made it into the release.
ArrayCtrl.cpp line 740 should be (I think):
if (!nobg) w.DrawRect(r, SColorPaper);

2- In DropList, some members that were previously protected are now private. I was using these to implement Remove:
	void Remove(int i) {
		key.Remove(i);
		list.Remove(i);
		Adjust();
	}
Since I can no longer do this, could Remove be added to DropList please?

Otherwise very nice release Smile Does the additon of MultiButton mean that the funny Linux scrollbars (with two button at the bottom) are now emulated?

Thanks, both patches applied.

No, still no Linux chamaleon advances...

Mirek

[Updated on: Wed, 14 November 2007 14:37]

Re: Upp 711-dev1 released [message #12731 is a reply to message #12730] Wed, 14 November 2007 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Thanks. I do have one more problem though:

The new DropDate/DropTime ctrls are very nice, a big improvement over the previous versions. However, I have a custom Date control that I want to have the same functionality. I previously did this by reproducing some of the DateTimeCtrl code, but with the new template structure I should be able to do this with:
class MyDropDate : public DateTimeCtrl<MyEditDate>

Unfortunately because the bodies of some of the DateTimeCtrl member functions are in a cpp file you can't use the template with anything not defined in the header (ie DropTime and DropDate).

Would it be possible to move the bodies of these functions into the header? There are only four functions without too much code.

Cheers,
James
Re: Upp 711-dev1 released [message #12733 is a reply to message #12731] Wed, 14 November 2007 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

I don't see any problem. Expect it in the next dev. BTW: Why do you need custom dropdate. Just for your own edit? What's missing in standard EditDate? Maybe we could improve it.
Re: Upp 711-dev1 released [message #12734 is a reply to message #12731] Wed, 14 November 2007 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
There seems to be a little problem with the chameleon Button::StyleScroll. If the button if small, you get a nice looking button, but if you apply the style to a really large button, you get a blurry image. Such large buttons are quite rare, but I can imagine some cases where I would like a vertical very wide scroll bar. I attached a picture.

Edit: also, there are some minor differences in look under Windows Vista when compared to native widgets and there is no animation when mouse enters or leaves. Quite minor issue. Is this beyond the capabilities of Chameleon?

[Updated on: Wed, 14 November 2007 15:53]

Re: Upp 711-dev1 released [message #12736 is a reply to message #12733] Wed, 14 November 2007 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
unodgs wrote on Wed, 14 November 2007 14:31

I don't see any problem. Expect it in the next dev. BTW: Why do you need custom dropdate. Just for your own edit? What's missing in standard EditDate? Maybe we could improve it.

Thanks. There are three things I need:
1) The system the application is a front-end for uses an integer date type that is different from the Upp Date int type. For convienience it is easiest to have a custom Convert that can accept this type. Obviously there is no point adding this.
2) I do some key handling so that the user doesn't have to type the date seperators themselves, so they can just type 020807 and have 02.08.07 in the field. I guess this could be added as an option and based on GetDateFormat, but would anyone else want it?
3) I want NullText set for every date field, and it's easiest to do this in the consructor.
Re: Upp 711-dev1 released [message #12744 is a reply to message #12734] Wed, 14 November 2007 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
cbpporter wrote on Wed, 14 November 2007 09:32

Edit: also, there are some minor differences in look under Windows Vista when compared to native widgets and there is no animation when mouse enters or leaves. Quite minor issue. Is this beyond the capabilities of Chameleon?

Animation is beyond Chameleon for now. Other minor differencies should be ironed out throught the time (and reports are welcome).

Mirek

[Updated on: Wed, 14 November 2007 21:36]

Re: Upp 711-dev1 released [message #12745 is a reply to message #12744] Wed, 14 November 2007 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Okay, one more thing. When DropList is used as a frame (which btw. is now quite inconvienient since you can't use the TopFrame etc. templates) the background of the 'item' area is SColorFace instead of SColorPaper.

I'll stop now, I promise.
Re: Upp 711-dev1 released [message #12749 is a reply to message #12745] Wed, 14 November 2007 19:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
One more thing. Visual Studio 8 detection is not that good. My VS had no C++ installed, yet it though that I had and even tried to use the inexistent C compiler.
Re: Upp 711-dev1 released [message #12753 is a reply to message #12749] Wed, 14 November 2007 19:57 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Ultimate Contributor
I think there is also a transparency issue under Vista. It can be seen in Image06 from sample projects. I tested in on 2 different Vista machines. Picture attached.
  • Attachment: Untitled.png
    (Size: 407.70KB, Downloaded 332 times)
Previous Topic: DropDate/DateTimeCtrl problem
Next Topic: Upp 711-dev2 released
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:17:09 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07278 seconds