Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » EyeCare App problem
EyeCare App problem [message #12974] Sat, 01 December 2007 18:52 Go to next message
amit is currently offline  amit
Promising Member
hi,
i see a small problem in EyeCare and it is the time for relaxing is stated to be "Minutes" where as it is in "Seconds".

At first this would be a problem but it should be taken care of because:
1) My first opinion was that there is some thing wrong in u++ working with system tray ... (which was not which i realized later)
2) Even when I checked the time options it showed Minutes as unit which strengthened my opinion that some thing wrong in working with system tray ... (which was not which i realized later)

the refresh was just about every 5 sec of hiding the app, so this hinted me the possible reason.

... sorry for nagging it out but i feel that a lot of new people (especially those who want to work with "system tray" and picture display i.e "ImageCtrl" do look at this example instinctively )
.... or thats what i feel.

I would suggest to change Minutes Text to Seconds in Debug mode and slightly increase the default time to 30 seconds with a bright notification picture ... If I get time i'll would sure redo the application(not very soon thou). Razz

.. it seems that it was on purpose that the Minute was reduced to seconds

#ifdef _DEBUG
#define MINUTE_M 1000 // to reduce waiting when debugging....
#else
#define MINUTE_M 60 * 1000
#endif

but i think on the first look, as i saw it would be not so great to have and actual time should be mentioned.

[Updated on: Sat, 01 December 2007 19:13]

Report message to a moderator

EyeCare App problem [message #12975 is a reply to message #12974] Sat, 01 December 2007 19:06 Go to previous message
amit is currently offline  amit
Promising Member
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sat, 01 December 2007 19:10]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: [FEATURE REQUEST] CH_STYLE, CH_VALUE support in parser
Next Topic: Bug in Core06.cpp or in U++ Core value types tutorial (2nd posting)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:54:17 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05549 seconds