Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » ArrayCtrl, HeaderCtrl & GridCtrl » Howto disable Insert and Append?
Howto disable Insert and Append? [message #13381] Thu, 03 January 2008 18:32 Go to next message
nixnixnix is currently offline  nixnixnix
Hi,

I have quite a lot of tables where I do want people to be able to paste cell values and ranges of cell values but I do not want people to be able to change the size of the table.

I have tried

m_grid.Appending(false).Inserting(false);

but this does not appear to work.

Hey Daniel, are you looking at fixing copy/paste TO excel?

Nick

Re: Howto disable Insert and Append? [message #13387 is a reply to message #13381] Thu, 03 January 2008 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Please specify the widget. GridCtrl or ArrayCtrl?
Re: Howto disable Insert and Append? [message #13401 is a reply to message #13381] Fri, 04 January 2008 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

nixnixnix wrote on Thu, 03 January 2008 12:32

Hi,

I have quite a lot of tables where I do want people to be able to paste cell values and ranges of cell values but I do not want people to be able to change the size of the table.

I have tried

m_grid.Appending(false).Inserting(false);

Use m_grid.FixedPaste() - to disable adding rows to fit clipboard data. Is that what you need?
Quote:

Hey Daniel, are you looking at fixing copy/paste TO excel?

GridCtrl support pasting of text clipboard (OO and MS Office stores grid data both in text and internal format in the clipboard). It should work fine. What's wrong?
Re: Howto disable Insert and Append? [message #13403 is a reply to message #13401] Fri, 04 January 2008 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry Mirek, yes I'm talking about GridCtrl.

Daniel, I tried the FixedPaste and it prevents appending but still allows inserting. What do Appending(false) and Inserting(false) do?

On the subject of copy and pasting to/from excel, I cannot paste to Excel from GridCtrl. Even when I setup like this

GridCtrl grid;
	grid.Absolute().SearchHideRows(false).Searching(false);
	grid.EditsInNewRow(false)
		.Clipboard(true)
		.ExtraPaste(true)
		.TabChangesRow(false)
		.SelectRow(false)
		.AutoHideHorzSb(false)
		.MultiSelect(false)
		.FullColResizing(false)
		.Sorting(false)
		.MultiSorting(false)
		.EditMode(1)
		.HSizePosZ(16, 16)
		.VSizePosZ(60, 16);

Am I missing something or do I need to get the latest version from the SVN?

Nick
Re: Howto disable Insert and Append? [message #13444 is a reply to message #13403] Mon, 07 January 2008 18:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

nixnixnix wrote on Thu, 03 January 2008 19:15

Sorry Mirek, yes I'm talking about GridCtrl.

Daniel, I tried the FixedPaste and it prevents appending but still allows inserting. What do Appending(false) and Inserting(false) do?

Appedning enables ability to add or to insert a row (available in popup menu and through keyboard shortcuts

Try ExtraPaste(false) to turn off the "paste as.." menu. Is that what you need? I can also synchronize it with Appending switch if you want.
Re: Howto disable Insert and Append? [message #13453 is a reply to message #13444] Tue, 08 January 2008 17:30 Go to previous message
I like the ExtraPaste menu. I just want to be able to disable appending and inserting please Razz

... so an extra paste which picked up the Appending and Inserting states would be great Smile

Nick
Previous Topic: How to do column resizing after ShowColumn() or HideColumn()?
Next Topic: Repeated Question: How to use Clipboard in DB(SqLite3)?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 18:36:31 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01716 seconds