Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » what folders structure do you use with version control?
what folders structure do you use with version control? [message #13469] Thu, 10 January 2008 09:47 Go to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
Sorry, I've already asked before but once again
e.g

C:/MyApps/ (working copy)
/app1/
/app2/
/uppsrc/ (tweaked)

C:/MyRepos/
/MyApps/
/uppsrc/ (tweaked)

C:/upp/
/examples/ (experimenting)
/uppsrc/
/out/

C:/uppsvn/ (updated from sourceforge)
/examples/
/uppsrc/

C:/uppsvn/ (working copy checkout from sourceforge or your repos?)
/tags/
/examples/
/uppsrc/

C:/uppmirek/
/uvs.examples/
/uvs.uppsrc/

that's how I start. Then progress with backups and backups of backups, then lose track where is where, then delete or lose most important things and end up with old scatttered pieces... (Range of emotions...) Am I alone like this?
Having in mind about 10 other operating systems...
Re: what folders structure do you use with version control? [message #13470 is a reply to message #13469] Thu, 10 January 2008 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
I use personal SVN and theme-like nests directories.
~/UppMyApps/... for experiments
~/upp/UppVA/... for one whole ongoing project
~/upp/source/.. for UPP sources
etc...

As I don't upgrade main UPP very often (still at 2007.1 as it's very stable and suit my current needs), I don't have to worry much about many versions of upp IDE sources.

My own sources are always commited in my local svn, so I can see progress and file changes there. And I'm backing it up on USB flash disc under /upp/source/<DATE>/ directories on 1-4 daily basis. With deleting older directories (I keep only 1 dir per month from those 2+ months older).
Re: what folders structure do you use with version control? [message #13472 is a reply to message #13470] Thu, 10 January 2008 12:25 Go to previous message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
I use :

~/sources/upp
  ~/sources/upp/uppsrc

Unchanged for the latest stable release, whit I use *only* to compile the devel one.
Then
~/sources/uppdev
  ~/sources/uppdev/MyApps   (testing applicatione, etc..)
  ~/sources/uppdev/uppsrc   (synced with uvs2 daily, and with my patches sometimes
  ~/sources/uppdev/.....    (the rest unchanged)

and, last but not least
~/sources/uppsvn/......      (used only do mantain svn repo)

I then have an UVS2 complete repository copy locally, so I can sync it with central one with ftp, and then sync sources from it.
When I update uvs2, I first make a copy of ~/uppdev/uppsrc to ~/uppdev/uppsrc.<uvs2 latest working version>, as to ~/uppdev/out to ~/uppdev/out.<uvs2 latest working version> to spare time if something goes wrong with new one.
Then I fetch uvs2, I recompile it with stable release and, if all goes ok, I keep the new one. If something goes bad, and I can't solve it, I get the saved copy and post the bug here.

Ciao

Max
Previous Topic: alphabetic ordering [FEATURE REQUEST]
Next Topic: [BUG] Big delay stopping a long build process
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 04:30:05 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02042 seconds