Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » FileSel&FileList, Path » how to GetCurrentDirectory? [SOLVED]+how to search example
how to GetCurrentDirectory? [SOLVED]+how to search example [message #2987] Tue, 02 May 2006 20:19 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
P.S.:

String GetDataFile(const char *name);

Similar to GetExeDirFile, however, when app is started from TheIDE, file from package directory.

The idea is to store project related resources (e.g. textures for 3D app) into package during the develeopment, then for relase copy them with app.

Mirek

P.S. - Edit by fudadmin: this topic was split by me to better serve "future u++ users"...

[Updated on: Wed, 03 May 2006 00:53] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: how to move the focus from one tab page to another one [message #2991 is a reply to message #2987] Tue, 02 May 2006 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
forlano wrote on Tue, 02 May 2006 18:15

Luigi

PS: if nobody will answer to my old post regarding how to get the current directory of the application, I'll use a dirty... very dirty way to get it. Smile

I didn't answer that on purpose!.. Smile To use dirty very dirty way to make you to remember it better. Smile Where my "spying" lessons have gone? Smile

1. As you already should definetely know, one choice for finding global things is Ctrl_Shift_F. It's similar like searching with google. Then you can search the entire "ide" or apply some intelligence and search "targeted" packages included with CtrlLib. Which? In your case, most likely CtrlLib, CtrlCore, Core. If to apply a bit more intelligence then your search should narrow to Core.
So try your search with "GetCurrentDirectory" or even "GetCur"...

2. Would you like even more faster way? Haven't you studied all theIDE menu functions? Never questioned why "navigation" feature exists?
With Ctrl_G - for your package and Ctrl_Shift_G - for "global"?
So, press Ctrl_Shift_G and enter only "Get" and study what you see... Smile or enter "GetCur" ... Smile and then click on the line.

3. Ok. I could forgive you those 2 above... But to not to use Assistant?! Smile Just enter "GetCur" in your code and press Ctrl_Space ... What you see? Smile
And look what happens if you choose the one you need and use from Assistant menu "Go to symbol definition"... or its key combination Smile

Learn those features and you will be able to answer all the questions on forums instead of me! Smile

Re: how to move the focus from one tab page to another one [message #2992 is a reply to message #2991] Tue, 02 May 2006 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
forlano wrote on Tue, 02 May 2006 18:15

I didn't answer that on purpose!.. Smile To use dirty very dirty way to make you to remember it better. Smile Where my "spying" lessons have gone? Smile

Embarassed

To say the truth I didn't know about the Navigate feature of Assist. I tried just now and I remained amazed. The surprise never finish with TheIDE. So far I used only "Find in files"... yes I know, it is not the laziest way!

My application is ready at 60%. I translated in U++ the most critical part, i.e. the interface. Now remains to clean all the C code. It seems faster than the old version. You'll see that your lesson have had some effect Smile

Luigi
Re: how to move the focus from one tab page to another one [message #13614 is a reply to message #2991] Thu, 17 January 2008 14:22 Go to previous message
nixnixnix is currently offline  nixnixnix
Ctrl+Shift+G does not work for me.

However, I'm writing as an addendum to the information on GetCurrentDirectory(). If you want to use that function in your app to keep track of the current directory then you will also need to make use of SetCurrentDirectory(). I use them like this

FileSel dlg;

dlg.ActiveDir(GetCurrentDirectory());
	dlg.Type("ESRI Shape files","*.shp");
	dlg.Type("Google Earth files","*.kml");

if(!dlg.ExecuteSaveAs("Export Lines"))
		return;

SetCurrentDirectory(dlg.GetActiveDir());

Nick

Previous Topic: Automagic default extension with multiple file types [FEATURE REQUEST]
Next Topic: FileSel vs. FileSelector documentation shortcoming
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:02:00 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01400 seconds