Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » [BUG] Big delay stopping a long build process
[BUG] Big delay stopping a long build process [message #13436] Sun, 06 January 2008 12:50 Go to next message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
Pressing F7 to stop a long build process hangs theide for very long time.

Ciao

Max
Re: [BUG] Big delay stopping a long build process [message #13591 is a reply to message #13436] Tue, 15 January 2008 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
up

This 'bug' is still present, and I don't know to what is related.
Sometimes, when I get many (*many*) build errors, theide becomes irresponsive for a long while (minutes or even thenths of minutes) with cpu load of about 100%.

At first I tried theide compiled in release mode, it seemed better but now the bug appears again.
It become worse when theide is used for long time.
It's difficult to reproduce, sometimes it goes ok and sometimes not.... but it happens on build with MANY packages and MANY build errors.

Ciao

Max
Re: [BUG] Big delay stopping a long build process [message #13637 is a reply to message #13591] Fri, 18 January 2008 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
mdelfede wrote on Tue, 15 January 2008 17:35

up

Sometimes, when I get many (*many*) build errors, theide becomes irresponsive for a long while (minutes or even thenths of minutes) with cpu load of about 100%.

At first I tried theide compiled in release mode, it seemed better but now the bug appears again.
It's difficult to reproduce, sometimes it goes ok and sometimes not.... but it happens on build with MANY packages and MANY build errors.

Ciao

Max

Thanks, this reminds me something Wink

Mirek
Re: [BUG] Big delay stopping a long build process [message #13643 is a reply to message #13637] Fri, 18 January 2008 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
luzr wrote on Fri, 18 January 2008 11:54

up

Ciao

Max

Mirek

Uhmmmm... what ? Smile

Max

Re: [BUG] Big delay stopping a long build process [message #13827 is a reply to message #13643] Tue, 29 January 2008 13:43 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
mdelfede wrote on Fri, 18 January 2008 14:16

luzr wrote on Fri, 18 January 2008 11:54

up

Ciao

Max

Mirek

Uhmmmm... what ? Smile

Max

Well, I believe that this can be a problem of stdout redirection "overload". The code there is far from perfect (partly because of platform specific issues resolved by common way) and sometimes it happens theide and compiler "crosslocks".

Mirek
Previous Topic: what folders structure do you use with version control?
Next Topic: [FEATURE REQ] Searching .tpp files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:12:33 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01353 seconds