Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » Problem Building Sample Applications
Problem Building Sample Applications [message #13786] Sat, 26 January 2008 22:23 Go to next message
hcetupli is currently offline  hcetupli
Hi,
I have just downloaded Ultimate++ and tried to build one of the samples (HelloWorld) as a test.

I had no success instead recieved loads of errors (>100). A couple of which are below:

C:\WATCOM\H\NT\objidl.h(1074) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'PRPC_MESSAGE'
C:\WATCOM\H\NT\objidl.h(1076) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'PRPC_MESSAGE'
C:\WATCOM\H\NT\objidl.h(1076) : fatal error C1003: error count exceeds 100; stopping compilation

There seems to be references to the path C:\WATCOM\ which is used by OpenWatcom which I also have installed.

This doesn't cause a problem for MinGW when installed on its owm.

I downloaded Ultimate++ with MinGW and configured it to use its onw version of MinGW.

Therefore why is it producing errors and apparently referencing OpenWatcom?

I can't find any settings to stop this???

Thanks.
Re: Problem Building Sample Applications [message #13790 is a reply to message #13786] Sun, 27 January 2008 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
Setup / Build methods

The U++ should be configured well automatically after installation (the mingw version at least), but you may check it in the build methods setup.

Didn't you install Ultimate++ into some directory with space in name? I think there were problems with such installation long ago. (almost everybody here does use [drive:]\upp which works well)
Re: Problem Building Sample Applications [message #13791 is a reply to message #13790] Sun, 27 January 2008 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bytefield is currently offline  bytefield
Experienced Member
mr_ped wrote on Sun, 27 January 2008 11:31

(almost everybody here does use [drive:]\upp which works well)

i use /usr/bin/theide and /home/can/upp Razz

Quote:

C:\WATCOM\H\NT\objidl.h(1074) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'PRPC_MESSAGE'
C:\WATCOM\H\NT\objidl.h(1076) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'PRPC_MESSAGE'
C:\WATCOM\H\NT\objidl.h(1076) : fatal error C1003: error count exceeds 100; stopping compilation

Seems Watcom use H folder for include files. Check TheIde configuration to see if there is no reference to that path.
Or if you have used Watcom compiler to build examples, set in Build Methods.. MinGW as default. However, why do you use Watcom Complier? It is not good at all, and miss more languages features. I know it from when i used it on Windows, now on Linux gcc(g++) is the best. So using MinGW is the best (second) choice. First one is M$ Compiler, which is optimized for exe format only. The MinGW comes with Upp or you can download latest version from it site and also MS give a free version of his compiler, so you can use booth.

cdabbd745f1234c2751ee1f932d1dd75
Re: Problem Building Sample Applications [message #14304 is a reply to message #13786] Fri, 22 February 2008 03:59 Go to previous message
indiocolifa is currently offline  indiocolifa
U++ cannot be used with Watcom? I bet there are problems with templates.

What about Borland C++?
Previous Topic: Using .def file?
Next Topic: Strings in debug Watches window <error type>
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:04:53 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01871 seconds