Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » ArrayCtrl, HeaderCtrl & GridCtrl » EditDouble causes crash in GridCtrl
EditDouble causes crash in GridCtrl [message #13880] Wed, 30 January 2008 22:09 Go to next message
nixnixnix is currently offline  nixnixnix
I am finding that most of the time, when I want to be able to paste data from excel into GridCtrl, I need to use EditString because EditDouble fails. This is not always the case but seems to happen when I use an Array <EditDouble> m_edits say to add editing to a variable number of columns. I'm not sure why it happens. I think its a problem with EditDouble. Surely, rather than crashing, EditDouble should return 0.0 if the contents of the the EditDouble cannot be interpreted as a floating point number?

It just means that anyone wanting a robust input needs to code their own using EditString and interpret it using atof()

Am I missing something?

Nick

EDIT: ok so it asserts in debug and just fails to read in release. I don't understand why but I don't have time to fix it so I'll just use EditString instead.

[Updated on: Wed, 30 January 2008 22:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: EditDouble causes crash in GridCtrl [message #13884 is a reply to message #13880] Wed, 30 January 2008 23:11 Go to previous message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

Thanks. I'll check it.
Previous Topic: GridCtrl: missing WhenEditRow
Next Topic: ArrayCtrl: how to set label for embedded controls?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:45:39 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05101 seconds