Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » ArrayCtrl, HeaderCtrl & GridCtrl » Copy from GridCtrl to Excel
Copy from GridCtrl to Excel [message #13885] Wed, 30 January 2008 23:19 Go to next message
nixnixnix is currently offline  nixnixnix
Hey Daniel,

I still can't get GridCtrl to Copy to an external application (tried excel and notepad and this box that I'm typing in now). It appears that the data isn't available in the clipboard.

I have clipboard checked in the layout editor. Is there something else I need to do? I can paste into the GridCtrl but I can't copy out of it and into another app. I can bring up the menu and choose copy with one or more cells selected and I can paste into the GridCtrl from something I've copied from the GridCtrl.

Its very puzzling because presumably your GridCtrl is pasting from the clipboard but no other app can see the the stuff in the clipboard.

Nick
Re: Copy from GridCtrl to Excel [message #13888 is a reply to message #13885] Thu, 31 January 2008 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

Hi.
That's because gridctrl use internal clipboard format when you press Ctrl+C. I can add coping data into text clipboard if you need it.
Re: Copy from GridCtrl to Excel [message #13892 is a reply to message #13888] Thu, 31 January 2008 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah yes please. I am testing my software and I find it frustrating that I can't take results into Excel so I expect my users will too.

Thanks Daniel,

Nick
Re: Copy from GridCtrl to Excel [message #14075 is a reply to message #13892] Fri, 08 February 2008 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

nixnixnix wrote on Thu, 31 January 2008 07:43

Ah yes please. I am testing my software and I find it frustrating that I can't take results into Excel so I expect my users will too.
Thanks Daniel,
Nick

Ok. Done Smile Tested only in OO Calc 2.3. Please let me know if it works for you in MS Excel.
Re: Copy from GridCtrl to Excel [message #14115 is a reply to message #14075] Tue, 12 February 2008 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Daniel,

I went and got the GridCtrl code from here

https://upp.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/upp/

I bombed and rebuilt and tested with both OO and MSOffice and nothing. Neither app detects that there is anything on the clipboard.

What am I missing please?

Nick
Re: Copy from GridCtrl to Excel [message #14116 is a reply to message #14115] Tue, 12 February 2008 20:33 Go to previous message
Ultimate Contributor

nixnixnix wrote on Tue, 12 February 2008 13:59

Hey Daniel,

I went and got the GridCtrl code from here

https://upp.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/upp/

I bombed and rebuilt and tested with both OO and MSOffice and nothing. Neither app detects that there is anything on the clipboard.

What am I missing please?

Nick

It's still not there Sad (it's in uvs but not in svn). But it will be in beta2 (which I planned to release on last friday...) within a few days.
Previous Topic: ArrayCtrl with ProgressIndicator [SOLVED]
Next Topic: ArrayCtrl - How to Cancel EditMode? And other Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:47:34 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01083 seconds