Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Installation, Compiling and Running of theide » Build error: PIC register ‘%ebx’ clobbered in ‘asm’
Build error: PIC register ‘%ebx’ clobbered in ‘asm’ [message #14889] Tue, 18 March 2008 23:20 Go to next message
Kknd is currently offline  Kknd
Promising Member
Hi, I can't build the TheIDE. I get this error:

/uppsrc/Core/Cpu.cpp:40: error: PIC register ‘%ebx’ clobbered in ‘asm’

I'm on Arch Linux "stable", with GCC 4.2.3.

I don't have a clue what it is =/.

Edit 1:

Seaching after this post ( =) ), i remembered that I had this problem with early versions too ( http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=128 68&#msg_12868)
. This time, Im on a different computer (intel processor), but I'm still using a 32 bit O.S.

Edit 2:

Another error:

Cannot find plugin_z.so, when compiling the Core package!

[Updated on: Tue, 18 March 2008 23:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Build error: PIC register ‘%ebx’ clobbered in ‘asm’ [message #14901 is a reply to message #14889] Wed, 19 March 2008 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
waxblood is currently offline  waxblood
If I remember well, I got into that same register error when I tried to build the ide form svn in Ubuntu, so I simply commented that line. The compiled ide didn't give any problem to me, but maybe I've just been lucky Wink

David
Re: Build error: PIC register ‘%ebx’ clobbered in ‘asm’ [message #14909 is a reply to message #14889] Wed, 19 March 2008 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Humm, commenting this here also works!

But I still have the "Cannot find plugin_z.so", when compiling the Core package.

Thanks for the reply.
Re: Build error: PIC register ‘%ebx’ clobbered in ‘asm’ [message #14921 is a reply to message #14909] Thu, 20 March 2008 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
waxblood is currently offline  waxblood
Here I'm just speculating, but from yout previous post it seems you are compiling with "all shared" link mode, which produce ".so"s.
And the compiler cannot find a plugin_z.so. Maybe you just need to produce less ".so"s. Try to switch to "Use shared libs" mode instead of "All shared" in Build->Output.

Hope that helps...

David
Re: Build error: PIC register ‘%ebx’ clobbered in ‘asm’ [message #14933 is a reply to message #14889] Thu, 20 March 2008 18:51 Go to previous message
Promising Member
Helped =).

Using latest svn deb package (deb2targz and manual instalation), and switching from all-shared to shared, I can compile theide.

But, using my compilation, it can't open any package. On the end of the file loading, it crashes with a "Invalid memory Access!"

Thanks for the replies.
Previous Topic: bugs on Uvs release 2459
Next Topic: "cannot find lgtk-x11-2.0" under gentoo linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:02:17 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01033 seconds