Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » TopWindow&PopUp, TrayIcon » How to disable Maximize button on a dialog form? [SOLVED]
How to disable Maximize button on a dialog form? [SOLVED] [message #1510] Tue, 07 March 2006 20:04 Go to next message
Justin is currently offline  Justin
I have added the Minimized and Maximize buttons to my main form by using

this->Zoomable();

Unfortunately, I want the maximize button to be disabled since I don't want the form to be resized.

I would like to know how I can get the minimize button on the titlebar without letting the maximize button work.

[Updated on: Mon, 14 August 2006 01:30] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Minimize and Maximize buttons issue [message #1517 is a reply to message #1510] Tue, 07 March 2006 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
(BTW, why "this->" ?)

At the moment, not possible. I am not even sure if Win32 supports it, and if it does, maybe X11 does not....

Something to investigate. Putting to ToDo.

Mirek
Re: Minimize and Maximize buttons issue [message #1520 is a reply to message #1517] Tue, 07 March 2006 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am using this-> because it is in the constructor for the class. I have tried doing this other ways, but using this-> is the only thing that works

Test::Test()
{

//Initialization
	CtrlLayout(*this, "Test");

this->Zoomable();
	this->Sizeable(false);

}

Also, I do know that it is possible to have the maximize button greyed out in Windows. I have seen it many times. I just want the ability to minimize the application without the possibility of changing the dialog's window size. I have used combinations of Zoomable() and Sizeable() to no luck. If it's not possible at this point, that is OK. I was just curious about whether it could be done right now.

Thanks for your help
Re: Minimize and Maximize buttons issue [message #1521 is a reply to message #1520] Tue, 07 March 2006 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Justin wrote on Tue, 07 March 2006 16:54

I am using this-> because it is in the constructor for the class. I have tried doing this other ways, but using this-> is the only thing that works

{

//Initialization

this->Zoomable();
	this->Sizeable(false);

}

Also, I do know that it is possible to have the maximize button greyed out in Windows. I have seen it many times. I just want the ability to minimize the application without the possibility of changing the dialog's window size. I have used combinations of Zoomable() and Sizeable() to no luck. If it's not possible at this point, that is OK. I was just curious about whether it could be done right now.

Thanks for your help

Re: Minimize and Maximize buttons issue [message #1522 is a reply to message #1520] Tue, 07 March 2006 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
{

//Initialization

Zoomable();
	Sizeable(false);

}

...should work... (I mean, without this->). And Sizeable(false) is default, no need to invoke it.

Mirek
Re: Minimize and Maximize buttons issue [message #1523 is a reply to message #1522] Tue, 07 March 2006 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for that. The newbie in me shows!
Re: Minimize and Maximize buttons issue [message #1524 is a reply to message #1523] Tue, 07 March 2006 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Stupid me. Of course you can have what you need. Just instead of Zoomable() use MinimizeBox().

Mirek
Re: Minimize and Maximize buttons issue [message #1525 is a reply to message #1510] Tue, 07 March 2006 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zsolt is currently offline  zsolt
Contributor
Quote:

...I don't want the form to be resized.

Not a good idea, try using layout engine to resize and layout controls poperly.
Re: Minimize and Maximize buttons issue [message #1527 is a reply to message #1525] Tue, 07 March 2006 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zsolt wrote on Tue, 07 March 2006 17:29

Quote:

...I don't want the form to be resized.

Not a good idea, try using layout engine to resize and layout controls poperly.

That's my point. I don't want the form to be resized. I want to make sure that the layout is completed through the layout editor and not during runtime.
Re: Minimize and Maximize buttons issue [message #1529 is a reply to message #1524] Tue, 07 March 2006 23:35 Go to previous message
luzr wrote on Tue, 07 March 2006 17:28

Stupid me. Of course you can have what you need. Just instead of Zoomable() use MinimizeBox().

Mirek

Perfect! That did exactly what I wanted it to do. Thanks Mirek
Previous Topic: showing hidden & minimized windows
Next Topic: One Main TopWindow and several others TopWindows, how? [SOLVED...]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:57:58 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01421 seconds