FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Core » Time should contain msecs too
Time should contain msecs too [message #15339] Wed, 16 April 2008 20:08 Go to next message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

Sometimes it is very useful to handle time in milliseconds. I think it would be handy to have milliseconds in Time class. A lot of operations are executed in 0.5-2 seconds, and it is vital to see something more than 0 or 1 as a result.
What do you think?
Re: Time should contain msecs too [message #15340 is a reply to message #15339] Wed, 16 April 2008 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Mindtraveller wrote on Wed, 16 April 2008 14:08

Sometimes it is very useful to handle time in milliseconds. I think it would be handy to have milliseconds in Time class. A lot of operations are executed in 0.5-2 seconds, and it is vital to see something more than 0 or 1 as a result.
What do you think?

I do not know. If I need subsecond times, I usually use int or double.

The whole purpose of Time or Date IMO is that they are not decimal. Once you have time as double, you can always convert to Time quite easily.

Mirek
Re: Time should contain msecs too [message #15343 is a reply to message #15340] Wed, 16 April 2008 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

Actually I was talking about detecting system time in milliseconds for various purposes (i.e. profiling). Something like Win32` GetTickCount() or even greater accuracy - with RDTSC.
Re: Time should contain msecs too [message #15354 is a reply to message #15343] Thu, 17 April 2008 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
RTIMING, GetTickCount, TimeStop etc? Smile

The most useful for profiling is RTIMING.

Mirek
Re: Time should contain msecs too [message #15372 is a reply to message #15354] Thu, 17 April 2008 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
I think that the only thing that's really missing in UPP is documentation ! Smile

Max
Re: Time should contain msecs too [message #15380 is a reply to message #15339] Fri, 18 April 2008 09:48 Go to previous message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
I think it should be the magic documentation. I.e. you just look at it for 5min, and you know everything and never forget any piece of it. And also it should update with every new version automatically. Smile

Now that would really help me. Very Happy
Previous Topic: [BUG] CommandLine() returns non-unicode arguments
Next Topic: Problem when sorting arrays of arrays
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:56:00 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01297 seconds