Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » Margin / Spacing of buttons
Margin / Spacing of buttons [message #15826] Fri, 09 May 2008 00:27 Go to next message
galious is currently offline  galious
Promising Member
Hi,

While creating an aggregated control I noticed there is some automatic spacing between buttons/controls.

E.G.

#include <CtrlLib/CtrlLib.h>

using namespace Upp;

GUI_APP_MAIN
{
	TopWindow  win;
	Button b[5];

for (int i = 0; i < 5; ++i) {
		b[i].SetLabel(Format("Test: %d", i));
		win << b[i].TopPosZ(i * b[i].GetStdSize().cy, b[i].GetStdSize().cy).LeftPosZ(0, 120);
	}

win.Run();
}

You'll see some spacing between the buttons. Is there any way to remove these? (Except from subtracting e.g 3 pixels, since this may change between OS'ses or versions).

Regards,

Martin Schut
Re: Margin / Spacing of buttons [message #15829 is a reply to message #15826] Fri, 09 May 2008 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
There is no actual space between the controls. They align up fine. It is the skin provided by the OS to draw the Buttons that has a 1 pixel empty border around them. I don't know if the appearance of this border can be circumvented with the skinning API. I'll have to look into this. Meanwhile, you could use a custom skin or ChStdSkin/ChClassicSkin (which don't have that border) for buttons if you are under time pressure.
Re: Margin / Spacing of buttons [message #15830 is a reply to message #15826] Fri, 09 May 2008 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrjt is currently offline  mrjt
Contributor
You may also want to look at MultiButton. Only problem is that it only does icon buttons (not text labels). And of course there is no documentation Smile

[Updated on: Fri, 09 May 2008 11:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Margin / Spacing of buttons [message #15834 is a reply to message #15826] Fri, 09 May 2008 22:47 Go to previous message
galious is currently offline  galious
Promising Member
Thanks for your answers. You're both completely right it's removed by setting the standard skin. So it's probably only an issue with Vista.

Using the multibutton I don't see as solution (I want some text in them), and since I'm not in a hurry I'll just code around it.

Regards,

Martin
Previous Topic: Ctrl::GlobalBackPaintHint() and GLCtrl
Next Topic: DocEdit without end line
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 18:06:13 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01600 seconds