Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Bugs (& fixes) » Pop-up help for Toolbar icons located in wrong display on multidisplay setup
Pop-up help for Toolbar icons located in wrong display on multidisplay setup [message #16019] Fri, 23 May 2008 02:08 Go to next message
jaynorwood is currently offline  jaynorwood
Promising Member
I'm running the word UWord example in Windows XP, built with the mingw that came with upp-mingw-2008.1beta2.exe.

I'm running in a two display setup, with one display positioned vertically above the other.

I've positioned the UWord app into the top display. When I place a cursor over the toolbar open file icon, the pop-up help text "Open.. (CTRL+O)" appears in the lower display instead of close to the mouse in the upper display, where I'd expect it.

TheIDE has the same problem.
Re: Pop-up help for Toolbar icons located in wrong display on multidisplay setup [message #16206 is a reply to message #16019] Mon, 02 June 2008 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rylek is currently offline  rylek
Hi there!

I've fixed the ToolTip problem. It's on the UVS, a quick fix is below; it goes to the CtrlLib/ToolTip.cpp source file, to make things simple I'm enclosing the whole patched PopUp method:

void ToolTip::PopUp(Ctrl *owner, Point p, bool effect)
{
	LLOG("ToolTip::PopUp" << Desc(owner) << " @ " << p);
	Rect r = owner->GetWorkArea();
	Size sz = GetMinSize();
	p.x = max(p.x + sz.cx > r.right ? r.right - sz.cx : p.x, r.left);
	p.y = max(p.y + sz.cy > r.bottom ? r.bottom - sz.cy : p.y, r.top);
	if(GUI_PopUpEffect() == GUIEFFECT_SLIDE && effect)
		SetRect(p.x, p.y, sz.cx, 1);
	else
		SetRect(p.x, p.y, sz.cx, sz.cy);
	Ctrl::PopUp(owner, true, false, true);
	if(effect)
		Animate(*this, p.x, p.y, sz.cx, sz.cy);
}

Regards,

Tomas
Re: Pop-up help for Toolbar icons located in wrong display on multidisplay setup [message #17129 is a reply to message #16206] Wed, 30 July 2008 01:49 Go to previous message
jaynorwood is currently offline  jaynorwood
Promising Member
Yes, I'm using 2008.1 now, and that fix was good for the pop-up ToolTip text.

The TopWindow and dialog PromptOK have a similar issue, where they go to the other display. Also, for example, the Assist->About.. window from your IDE. Perhaps a similar fix...
Thanks,
Jay
Previous Topic: ArrayCtrl: Column::Edit and control disappears
Next Topic: problems with splitter and layouts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:01:47 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 1.02363 seconds