Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » Wp64 command line option not needed
Wp64 command line option not needed [message #16050] Sun, 25 May 2008 17:59 Go to next message
kodos is currently offline  kodos
Experienced Member
Hi,

the command line option Wp64 is not needed on 64 bit Windows with MSC compiler as it is automatically enabled on Win64. Also it gives hundreds of warnings if used:
cl : Command line warning D9035 : option 'Wp64' has been deprecated and will be removed in a future release

This option is set in ide/Builders/MscBuilder.cpp on line 79.

I think this option should be removed from there.
Re: Wp64 command line option not needed [message #16172 is a reply to message #16050] Fri, 30 May 2008 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently online  mirek
Ultimate Member
Well, can you confirm that after removing, everything works with MSC9 and Vista64?

Mirek
Re: Wp64 command line option not needed [message #16176 is a reply to message #16050] Fri, 30 May 2008 18:26 Go to previous message
kodos is currently offline  kodos
Experienced Member
I have tried it and everything works as before, but with fewer warnings Wink

Things that still don't work for me in combination with 64bit Windows is:

• compiling with 32bit TheIDE a 64bit Application and start it with the debugger -> TheIDE crashes (the compiling and the application are working, just executing with the debugger crashes TheIDE)
  • compiling with 64bit TheIDE a 64bit Application and start it withe the debugger -> breakpoints don't really work
  • compiling with 64bit TheIDE a 32bit Application and start it with the debugger -> works as long as there are no breakpoints Confused

Previous Topic: [BUG] Link option -O 2
Next Topic: Cannot enable dynamic (Shared libs) building for release configurations on Linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:47:10 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01188 seconds