Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ TheIDE and Library: Releases and ChangeLogs » Valgrind suppression support added
Valgrind suppression support added [message #16190] Sun, 01 June 2008 03:01 Go to next message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
I made a small patch to add valgrind suppression file to theide.
A sample file 'valgrind.supp' is provided, made from Novo's one and some additions by me.
After installation, file is located in ~/.upp/theide-svn/valgrind.supp (in case of svn build, otherwise in ide configuration folder).

By now file must be edited manually.... it would be interesting to add support for editing from inside ide.

files here, and all applied on svn build 276,

Ciao

Max
Re: Valgrind suppression support added [message #16197 is a reply to message #16190] Sun, 01 June 2008 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novo is currently offline  Novo
Ultimate Contributor
Another way to pass parameters to valgrind is to create a ".valgrindrc" file either in the root of your home directory or in current working directory.

In order to pass name of the file with suppressions you'll need to add a line below to it.

--suppressions=<file name>

It is also useful to add "--leak_check=all".
One line per option. valgrind doesn't understand shell extensions, so, "~/.upp/ide/valgrind.supp" won't work. You'll need to put "/home/user/.upp/ide/valgrind.supp". If you are creating a ".valgrindrc" in current working directory, it is enough to put "--suppressions=valgrind.supp" in it.

Regards,
Novo
Re: Valgrind suppression support added [message #16208 is a reply to message #16197] Mon, 02 June 2008 11:43 Go to previous message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
Novo wrote on Sun, 01 June 2008 19:49

Another way to pass parameters to valgrind is to create a ".valgrindrc" file either in the root of your home directory or in current working directory.

Well, I'd prefere to manage all that from inside theide. My idea is to provide in near future a Valgrind setup page on which you can set options and update suppression file.

Ciao

Max
Previous Topic: U++ now reads text rendering info from GTK
Next Topic: TheIDE: File index
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:42:17 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01070 seconds