Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » Newbie can't compile
Newbie can't compile [message #16657] Sat, 05 July 2008 22:05 Go to next message
maxmeier is currently offline  maxmeier
Promising Member
Hi,

I'm new to Upp, have just installed the IDE, tried to compile my first project (MinGW) and encounter the following error:

c++.exe: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1plus': No such file or directory

Is it a path problem? What paths should be set?
Any help appreciated!

Thanks in advance
max meier
Re: Newbie can't compile [message #16658 is a reply to message #16657] Sat, 05 July 2008 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bytefield is currently offline  bytefield
Experienced Member
I guess you have installed upp package without mingw. If so, you should have mingw installed on your box. Download it from MinGW site or you can download and install upp package with mingw bundled.
For detailed info about configuring paths please RTM. Razz

Edit: I believe we should post from time to time a message with link to Manual, because so many people are missing it. I've missed it too, you can see it from my earlier posts Smile . I've asked questions which have response in manual.
So everybody RTM, RTM ! Rolling Eyes Read The Ultimate(++) Manual. (We should provide RTUM acronym? Laughing )

cdabbd745f1234c2751ee1f932d1dd75

[Updated on: Sat, 05 July 2008 22:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Newbie can't compile [message #16660 is a reply to message #16658] Sun, 06 July 2008 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

We just need good-structured and good-integrated manual in TheIDE. Razz
Re: Newbie can't compile [message #16662 is a reply to message #16658] Sun, 06 July 2008 10:58 Go to previous message
maxmeier is currently offline  maxmeier
Promising Member
Hi,
I've read the manual, but I must have misunderstood the important hint concerning MinGW.
Now I have just downloaded the upp-mingw-2008.1rc1.exe, installed it and it works fine.
Thank you!

Best Regards
max
Previous Topic: Call Stack/Backtrace via separate view
Next Topic: Linker error with latest svn version (deb)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:44:54 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01417 seconds