Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Bugs (& fixes) » ArrayCtrl: Column::Edit and control disappears
ArrayCtrl: Column::Edit and control disappears [message #16899] Sun, 20 July 2008 01:14 Go to next message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

I want to make some multi-column list, where 2 of the columns have values selected from DropList with predefined values. I`ve tried to choose the easiest way:
	propAddTypeList
		.Add("prop_1")
		.Add("prop_2")
		.Add("prop_3")
		.Add("prop_4")
		.Add("prop_5")
		.Add("prop_6")
		.Add("prop_7")
		.Add("prop_8");

propList.AddColumn("....", 4).Edit(propAddTypeList);

I hoped this should make everything alright. After app starts this column has droplist. The problem is when i walk through rows (with mouseclick?) - this control disappears and never appears again.

I tried to restore control manually, but with no luck:
	propList.WhenEnterRow = THISBACK(OnEnterRow);
void Razdel::OnEnterRow()
{
	propList.ColumnAt(1).Edit(propAddTypeList);
}

Is it a bug or I`m doing something wrong?
Re: ArrayCtrl: Column::Edit and control disappears [message #16903 is a reply to message #16899] Sun, 20 July 2008 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Contributor

UPDATE: These droplists disappear while row is not in Edit mode. Phew, that was nontrivial solution. I don`t think user will guess that, he`ll think it`s a controls disappearing bug - I suppose.
Re: ArrayCtrl: Column::Edit and control disappears [message #16913 is a reply to message #16903] Sun, 20 July 2008 17:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Please, testcase...

Mirek
Re: ArrayCtrl: Column::Edit and control disappears [message #16916 is a reply to message #16913] Sun, 20 July 2008 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Contributor

Testcase will be U++ reference application ArrayCtrlEdits.index.php?t=getfile&id=1268&private=0
Let`s look at it`s editing interface from user`s point of view. After adding a row and defocusing it, editor in the leftmost column disappears. And it doesn`t appear next time user focuses it. What does average user? He clicks this cell, then doubleclicks it, then tries Space and Enter keys. None of them work. User considers it a bug and closes a program. I want to say that it is very unclear that it is required to rightclick and choose edit row to make this editor appear again.
Solution here will be automatic appearing of editor on selecting this row again. And no compromises. Programs for users, not users for programs. Smile
Re: ArrayCtrl: Column::Edit and control disappears [message #16922 is a reply to message #16916] Mon, 21 July 2008 09:25 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
OK, a bug. For some reason, Ctrl in the row supreses the editor.

(Without SetCtrl, it works).

Will fix ASAP.

Mirek
Previous Topic: Apps have high font zoom under Linux [FIXED]
Next Topic: Pop-up help for Toolbar icons located in wrong display on multidisplay setup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:37:50 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01851 seconds