Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » A Newbie Manual cum Tutorial?
A Newbie Manual cum Tutorial? [message #17146] Thu, 31 July 2008 05:57 Go to next message
Y%4#$N4*z]3F is currently offline  Y%4#$N4*z]3F
Does this sound redundant? From a U++ newbie's point of view (in this case myself), what I would like is to install and try compile and run an app in a few clicks. So, I create a test directory, run the wizard to create a bare bone console app in the test directory and build. I would also like to try out all the bare bone apps like: with U++, without U++, GUI, and so on. Just to try. I would expect the wizard to do the setup for me.

Wouldn't it be much easier to have a hands-on step by step guide for the above mentioned purpose? As I notice from my experience and those hinted in the forum, a write-up on this would be of great help to the many potential newbies out there.

If I throw in an initial, how would I start? I mean where can I put the initial write-up to have a presence on the net or for the community? Any suggestions?

Thanks and regards to whomever this may concern.
Re: A Newbie Manual cum Tutorial? [message #17148 is a reply to message #17146] Thu, 31 July 2008 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
Maybe you can write it directly into wiki?
http://www.ultimatepp.org/wiki/index.php/Tutorials

Make sure it has some "incomplete - work in progress" at top, so it will be not deleted by somebody during cleaning. Smile

And keep posting in forums whenever you need review/help, because majority of UPP community does not read wiki and doesn't care at all. Forums are the place where everyone meets.
Re: A Newbie Manual cum Tutorial? [message #17156 is a reply to message #17148] Thu, 31 July 2008 17:03 Go to previous message
bytefield is currently offline  bytefield
Experienced Member
The problem with wiki is that we don't have upload enabled so writing a tutorial is a bit annoying because you can't use images, videos, flash etc.
At least you can use images available from wiki and forum. See how I've done in Sandbox.
Quote:

community does not read wiki and doesn't care at all

Well, i read it from time to time to see if there are spam messages (were a lot when i started using u++) and if there aren't so many tutorials is better that we have a clean wiki Smile .

cdabbd745f1234c2751ee1f932d1dd75
Previous Topic: Win32 UPP console application profiling? Some free easy to use tools, anyone?
Next Topic: in code comments - doxygen
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:38:36 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02721 seconds