FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Choosing svn configuration
Choosing svn configuration [message #17348] Fri, 08 August 2008 11:54 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Which one is the best for us??

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.4/svn.serverconfig.choosing .html

Re: Choosing svn configuration [message #17350 is a reply to message #17348] Fri, 08 August 2008 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
masu is currently offline  masu
Do you want to maintain another SVN repo in parallel to the SF one, why?

I vote for Apache configuration using WebDAV, because this is the most flexible solution IMHO. We have it running (but without using SSL) and the configuration was not complicated at all. We also use restricted repo access through authentication and WebSVN that enables repo browsing.

Matthias
Re: Choosing svn configuration [message #17352 is a reply to message #17350] Fri, 08 August 2008 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Hm, WebDAV was my first impression too.

OTOH, more I am thinking about it, the basic "svnserve" (without SSH) seems to be the most attractive option for me now.

Mirek
Re: Choosing svn configuration [message #17353 is a reply to message #17352] Fri, 08 August 2008 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
masu is currently offline  masu
Maybe it is a good approach to first setup the simpler svn server and afterwards, if need arises, enable access via WebDAV.

But does this topic mean that you want to use the SVN repo as a replacement to UVS repo? That would mean your quick fixes and improvements would only be available there at first until someone (I think Max) synchronizes it with SF repo?

Why don't you want to use the trunk path or another additional path within the SF repo?

Matthias
Re: Choosing svn configuration [message #17355 is a reply to message #17353] Fri, 08 August 2008 15:37 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
masu wrote on Fri, 08 August 2008 09:11

Maybe it is a good approach to first setup the simpler svn server and afterwards, if need arises, enable access via WebDAV.

But does this topic mean that you want to use the SVN repo as a replacement to UVS repo?

Yes. Finally getting there.

Quote:

That would mean your quick fixes and improvements would only be available there at first until someone (I think Max) synchronizes it with SF repo?

I plan to use use SF repo as an automatic read-only mirror (using svnsync).

Quote:

Why don't you want to use the trunk path or another additional path within the SF repo?

Basically, because I want per-user per-path access rights. Cannot do it on SF.

Mirek
Previous Topic: Decimal
Next Topic: #include "_uses_.h"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:08:14 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02734 seconds