Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » Win32 sample has error [BUG]
Win32 sample has error [BUG] [message #18098] Wed, 10 September 2008 13:21 Go to next message
amando1957 is currently offline  amando1957
Hi folks,

Im using 2008.1 at WIN2K. I have tried the Win32 sample again (Win32 API project(no U++)), but does not run as it did not in version 2007.
If you click the menu item "Setup / Be verbose" and then run it, you will find the single error:

Error executing C:\upp\mingw\bin\windres.exe -i "C:\MyApps\uWin32_t\uWin32_t.rc" -o "C:/upp/
	out/uWin32_t/MINGW.Debug.Debug_full.Gui.Main\uWin32_t$rc.o" --include-dir="C:\MyApps" --

So "uWin32_t.rc" seems to be an res-file, maybe that's it?

I have also commented on top like this:
#include <windows.h>
//#include "resource.h"

but did not help.

Somebody knows what to do?
kind greets
Martin
Re: Win32 sample has error [BUG] [message #18131 is a reply to message #18098] Fri, 12 September 2008 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

Have you checked if
C:\upp\mingw\bin\windres.exe
is present?
C:\upp\mingw\bin\windres.exe [message #18153 is a reply to message #18131] Sat, 13 September 2008 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Pavel,

Yes it is.

Martin
Re: C:\upp\mingw\bin\windres.exe [message #18158 is a reply to message #18153] Sat, 13 September 2008 18:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi to all,

I have removed all this res stuff now and also the refering files. So there are only two files left in the project dir:

uWin32_t.cpp // as shipping, but on top //#include "resource.h" commented
uWin32_t.upp // see below

The "uWin32_t.upp" is now looking like this:
description "test of U++ Win32 sample";

uses
	Draw;

library(WIN32) "kernel32 user32 gdi32 advapi32 shell32 winmm winspool comdlg32 ole32 oleaut32 uuid odbc32 odbccp32";

file
	uWin32_t.cpp;

mainconfig
	"" = "GUI";

This way I have got the OK, Smile but it still doesn't create a visible window.
Compared with the original *.upp I have added some lib files I found at VC6 (not recommended).
I also tried without the Draw with same result.
But I'll keep track and tell again.

kind greets
Martin
Re: C:\upp\mingw\bin\windres.exe [message #18162 is a reply to message #18158] Sat, 13 September 2008 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi to all,

Got it, Smile

The error was the WNDCLASSEX, must be changed like this:
WNDCLASS wcex;
// wcex.cbSize = sizeof(WNDCLASS); 
// ...........
// also without the Ex-extension:
if(RegisterClass(&wcex) == 0)
	return FALSE;

As I see it, using the WNDCLASSEX we should also take the CreateWindowEx() to be suiting. Well its true, the WNDCLASS is the more old stuff, but its working.

If one likes to see my Win32 template with a tiny animation, get it here
(just copy and replace the shipping one):
http://nopaste.info/84c8103865.html
(but care for the *.upp)

BTW, in the main-loop the PeekMessage() is the better idea, as you can do even threads with it (a simple counter 0...3 will do).

I'm not sure about the res stuff now, maybe we can add it without harm.

kind greets
Martin
Re: C:\upp\mingw\bin\windres.exe [message #18186 is a reply to message #18162] Mon, 15 September 2008 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Contributor

Greetings, Martin.

This is rather strange situation as my projects compiled by MinGW without any source code change. I think it is not U++ source issue, but something with Win32 libraries or something with MinGW. Anyway this is critical bug and I don`t remember anyone complained about that since I started using TheIDE about a year ago.
So my proposal is re-checking everything (MingGW, resource executables versions, platform libs, U++ version, etc) instead of changing Core code.
Yes, there is a possibility of U++ internal sources error but this way MinGW compilation had to failed for all the others. But it is OK.
I understand it doesn`t help a much but at least I try to make your search a little bit narrowed.

I hope Mirek will reply this situation as an U++ author. He surely can give you more informative answer than me.

[Updated on: Mon, 15 September 2008 08:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: C:\upp\mingw\bin\windres.exe [message #18187 is a reply to message #18186] Mon, 15 September 2008 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Pavel,

Quote:

instead of changing Core code

I did not change anything in the Core, just the main.cpp and the *.upp (removed the res).

Quote:

So my proposal is re-checking everything (MingGW, resource executables versions, platform libs, U++ version, etc)

Here I feel a little overcharged. If it runs at other machines, one can easy guess that. Maybe the MS-Platform-SDK is an issue again.

On the other hand: the samples with the CtrlCore are all running fluently, while its true they also depend of the correct installation, since they are just wrapping.

Maybe in the CtrlCore anything is fixed I do not have at the Win32 sample.

Now it runs anyway, so I will rather go ahead with my projects. Thanks a lot for your effort!

have a nice day
Martin
Re: C:\upp\mingw\bin\windres.exe [message #18188 is a reply to message #18186] Mon, 15 September 2008 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bytefield is currently offline  bytefield
Experienced Member
Mindtraveller, i believe you miss the point. There is no modifications to Upp libs in Martin code... just in his WINAPI code. Some days ago I've also tried to compile the Win32 sample(from templates) which come with TheIde and the compilation was ok, but no window was showed. I will try to see if there are some problems with mingw libs and then come here and post investigation results.

L.E: seems I've replied in the same time with Martin...
Sorry for duplication of words...

cdabbd745f1234c2751ee1f932d1dd75

[Updated on: Mon, 15 September 2008 10:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: C:\upp\mingw\bin\windres.exe [message #18189 is a reply to message #18188] Mon, 15 September 2008 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bytefield is currently offline  bytefield
Experienced Member
There is a problem with code generated by TheIde for Win32 template... I've tried other examples of WINAPI code and all works with mingw or msc.

cdabbd745f1234c2751ee1f932d1dd75
Re: C:\upp\mingw\bin\windres.exe [message #18190 is a reply to message #18189] Mon, 15 September 2008 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Contributor

Sorry guys - I really missed the point. My english is far from perfect and sometimes it plays bad joke with me.
My apologies to Martin for misunderstanding the real problem.
Moreover if this problem is not unique but a common one - it is U++ problem of course.
Re: no need to [message #18205 is a reply to message #18190] Tue, 16 September 2008 12:47 Go to previous message
Hi Pavel,

Thats OK. I am sure you have done your best to find a solution. All together we'll make it to come across by ease!

thanks to all
Martin
Previous Topic: TheIDE local backup/file versions (for crashes, etc.)
Next Topic: Assist autocomplete cause program crash.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:32:00 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02269 seconds