Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ MT-multithreading and servers » Web package: is there file upload support?
Web package: is there file upload support? [message #18419] Mon, 29 September 2008 00:10 Go to next message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

I`m writing cgi site engine based on U++. For now it is necessary to support file uploading. It means there`s a html web form, user clicks Submit and browser starts uploading request with POST method.
I looked across Web package code to find any support for file uploading. And the only thing I found is Web/weblink.
The question to authors: is it better to write upload support on my own or it is possible to find something suitable and ready in U++ and adopt it for my purposes?

Thanx in forward.
Re: Web package: is there file upload support? [message #18458 is a reply to message #18419] Thu, 02 October 2008 00:31 Go to previous message
rylek is currently offline  rylek
Hello!

I'm not sure what you mean by 'support for file uploading'. From the point of view of the HTTP server the file upload works exactly the same as other FORM elements, i.e. you can retrieve the uploaded file directly from the corresponding HttpQuery element.

The main drawback of this simple approach is that it doesn't let you write fancy JavaScript-based progress indicators showing the upload progress. To make this possible it would be necessary to remove POST data retrieval from the HttpServer object and perhaps move it to the HttpRequest object so that a smart server could watch the upload stream as it's being received from the client and dynamically generate an auxiliary web page showing some form of progress indicator like smart upload-sensitive servers do.

Regards

Tomas
Previous Topic: Mutex locks vs copy constructors
Next Topic: HTTP Client - Post method and progress bar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:41:35 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00911 seconds