Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » TheIDE slows down on Help switching
TheIDE slows down on Help switching [message #18743] Sun, 19 October 2008 14:47 Go to next message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

I don`t know if it is a bug or anything to optimize but sometimes it`s little annoying. While editing code (about 17 tabs open) I press F1. After approx 1 second code becomes grayed (syntax highlighting is switched off), and help tab is opened. On pressing F1 again, I have approx 1.5 sec delay and code tab is activated. All these delays make CPU load about 90%.

CPU: AMD, 2.1 GHz (1 core)
TheIDE: 810.r165

[Updated on: Sun, 19 October 2008 14:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: TheIDE slows down on Help switching [message #18759 is a reply to message #18743] Mon, 20 October 2008 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
It seems to be OK here... (but at 3.2Ghz Smile

Mirek
Re: TheIDE slows down on Help switching [message #18763 is a reply to message #18759] Mon, 20 October 2008 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Contributor

I think it is somehow connected with creating <meta> package templates. It looks like delay is not caused by switching to Help itself. Instead this delay happens each time I switch to <meta> package (even without calling Help) and back. As long as TheIDE switches to <meta> package each time Help is called, this delay is happened.
More extensive testing shows that under certain circumstances manual switching to <meta> happens without delay. But calling Help with autoswitching to <meta> still is delayed.
Re: TheIDE slows down on Help switching [message #18796 is a reply to message #18763] Tue, 21 October 2008 20:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Contributor

One of U++ advantages was always an effectiveness and support for old OSs like Win98. So even old & cheap hardware run U++ apps nicely.
I hope this is important for you too (this widen number of U++ applications and make it somehow unique). So I hope that even development part of U++ (I mean TheIDE) will always be effective too. This requires some care and attention, I suppose. But effectiveness is worth all the efforts.
I`ll try to debug the cause of this delay (long on slower machines) - if you are interested in optimization, of course.
Re: TheIDE slows down on Help switching [message #19068 is a reply to message #18796] Sat, 08 November 2008 14:39 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Mindtraveller wrote on Tue, 21 October 2008 14:08

One of U++ advantages was always an effectiveness and support for old OSs like Win98. So even old & cheap hardware run U++ apps nicely.
I hope this is important for you too (this widen number of U++ applications and make it somehow unique). So I hope that even development part of U++ (I mean TheIDE) will always be effective too. This requires some care and attention, I suppose. But effectiveness is worth all the efforts.
I`ll try to debug the cause of this delay (long on slower machines) - if you are interested in optimization, of course.

Any new results? I will be glad to optimize, as long as I know what to optimize:)

Mirek
Previous Topic: SVN synchronize working dir
Next Topic: Strange issue while compiling with MSC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 05:17:03 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02364 seconds