Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » ArrayCtrl, HeaderCtrl & GridCtrl » ArrayCtrl: Why editing row still needs Ctrl+Enter?
ArrayCtrl: Why editing row still needs Ctrl+Enter? [message #18798] Tue, 21 October 2008 22:53 Go to next message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

Should plain clicking the row activate it`s edit mode with editor controls shown? I think average user won`t search for untrivial key combination to edit some cell...

I remember having met this issue about year ago when I was needed ArrayCtrl. Now I needed it again, used arrctrl.AddColumn().Edit(option) and found that it is still needed to push Ctrl+Enter to start editing. As it was year ago when we discussed this topic.

Please think of usability.
Not even to mention the case where app for touchpad console computers with no keyboard is being developed Smile

[Updated on: Tue, 21 October 2008 22:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ArrayCtrl: Why editing row still needs Ctrl+Enter? [message #18941 is a reply to message #18798] Sat, 01 November 2008 23:39 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Mindtraveller wrote on Tue, 21 October 2008 16:53

Should plain clicking the row activate it`s edit mode with editor controls shown? I think average user won`t search for untrivial key combination to edit some cell...

It does. You just need two clicks (and not doubleclick).

I believe this is the same way as is used elsewhere (e.g. we have been completely inspired by Visual Studio behaviour back then Smile.

Single click is problematic - you would not be able to move cursor without editing.

Mirek
Previous Topic: whanaction whenarrayaction
Next Topic: GridTest
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:37:02 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03626 seconds