Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Installation, Compiling and Running of theide » installation crash on linux from source (arch)
installation crash on linux from source (arch) [message #19949] Wed, 04 February 2009 22:57 Go to next message
p1su1cas is currently offline  p1su1cas
well i was able to install it but the first time i enter to the theide application, the user setup dialog appears i let the default settings, hit ok button and it crash. after a while following the /src/ide/Install.cpp file, i saw that a return is missing in the CopyFolder function (Line 249), probably the compiler assume that return is false by default and the installation script hangs, i fixed putting just a return and now is working fine.
i dont know if you guys already fix that, but it isn't fixed in the source tar.gz 2008.1.

i hope this can help some users with similar problems. Smile

ps: sorry my english im not native
Re: installation crash on linux from source (arch) [message #19951 is a reply to message #19949] Thu, 05 February 2009 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrei_natanael is currently offline  andrei_natanael
Experienced Member
Hello,
It's not "fixed" yet but i had no problem with that. Which distro and compiler do you use?

P.S.: i think you're native Razz but not an native English speaker
Re: installation crash on linux from source (arch) [message #19961 is a reply to message #19949] Thu, 05 February 2009 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
p1su1cas is currently offline  p1su1cas
arch linux
gcc 4.3.2
so if its a bug where do i report it, coz in the bugs forum say that only verified bugs should be post there.
Re: installation crash on linux from source (arch) [message #19964 is a reply to message #19961] Thu, 05 February 2009 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
Since you posted here consider it reported.

It can only be moved to Bugs by the main developers, and such simple issues will be fixed here probably without having the thread moved.
Re: installation crash on linux from source (arch) [message #19966 is a reply to message #19961] Thu, 05 February 2009 16:19 Go to previous message
andrei_natanael is currently offline  andrei_natanael
Experienced Member
You don't have to report a bug, i've fixed it in svn. Just wait one hour from now and then do a svn checkout.

L.E.: I forgot to say, after checkout please test and report back if any problems.

[Updated on: Thu, 05 February 2009 16:26]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: crash on windows
Next Topic: compiled ide does not run correctly
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:23:22 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01630 seconds