Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » BUG in amd64.deb svn build
BUG in amd64.deb svn build [message #20023] Wed, 11 February 2009 03:50 Go to next message
slashmais is currently offline  slashmais
Promising Member
Using svn build 745 amd64; on debian/lenny

Compile Assembly/reference/Splitter - OK
Click on Debug/Execute:
- shows frame of window only
- then popup: "Fatal Error | Invalid memory access"

When run in debugger everything works.
When I try the 'old-way' debugging - using PromptOK to try and isolate the point at which the error occurs - the app works!

This tells me that somewhere a pointer is not properly initialized in code shared by TopWindow-based apps, and that it gets correctly initialized by/when some other TopWindow-using code is called.

I have no idea where to even start looking since I did not write any of the code involved.

(By the way: the code works correctly in the 32-bit version)

[Updated on: Thu, 12 February 2009 12:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Bug? Memory error on execute [message #20027 is a reply to message #20023] Wed, 11 February 2009 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

Please post here the simplest version of code (testcase) where this error appears.
Re: Bug? Memory error on execute [message #20031 is a reply to message #20027] Wed, 11 February 2009 11:17 Go to previous message
slashmais is currently offline  slashmais
Promising Member
It is the code in reference/Splitter.
I did not make any changes to it, just compiled and then in the menu: Debug -> Execute
I tried this with other modules as well: same error.

When I click Execute, the frame only of the window shows, and then the popup with the error.

I cannot use the debugger to trace it, since when I run it in the debugger, it works as it should.

I did however single-stepped the code in the debugger until the frame showed, which in every case was in the call to Open().

When I looked at the sources I found that somehow TopWin32::Open() is called.

I am on debian/lenny, and used the 'upp-svn_SVN.745_amd64.deb' package.

Previous Topic: ide should offer to reload changed file which are shown in the editor
Next Topic: how to know what compiler switches are used
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:59:40 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02547 seconds