Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » Two monitor
Two monitor [message #20048] Fri, 13 February 2009 14:20 Go to next message
darthspawn is currently offline  darthspawn
Hi to all!
I have two monitor and would be nice to work with TheIde expanded in all the window, but I can't. Is possible to make this?
Thank you, and sorry for my english!

Sam
Re: Two monitor [message #20455 is a reply to message #20048] Thu, 19 March 2009 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
Mirek: please, please, I don't mind "maximize" to make the TheIDE window to fit only single monitor, but the limit during resizing non-maximized window is pain in ass.
Also I think this is not very old feature, I think a year ago I was able to enlarge TheIDE over both monitors, using |split to have the source side by side for comparison at two monitors? Or maybe I did run second instance of TheIDE?

Still a bug anyway, I don't understand why there's the resizing limit, other applications don't have it.
Re: Two monitor [message #20470 is a reply to message #20455] Fri, 20 March 2009 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
mr_ped wrote on Thu, 19 March 2009 05:34

Mirek: please, please, I don't mind "maximize" to make the TheIDE window to fit only single monitor, but the limit during resizing non-maximized window is pain in ass.
Also I think this is not very old feature, I think a year ago I was able to enlarge TheIDE over both monitors, using |split to have the source side by side for comparison at two monitors? Or maybe I did run second instance of TheIDE?

Still a bug anyway, I don't understand why there's the resizing limit, other applications don't have it.

I guess it is a result of another bug-fix.

I would be happy if somebody has taken the time to fix the issue. I just hope it will not be me Smile

Mirek
Re: Two monitor [message #20628 is a reply to message #20048] Fri, 27 March 2009 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rylek is currently offline  rylek
Hopefully fixed and posted on the SVN together with some other minor user requests like showing a local menu on the same monitor on which you have clicked. To make a quick fix of the window stretching bug without access to the live sources, just replace GetWorkArea in Ctrl::GetMaxSize with GetVirtualWorkArea.

Regards

Tomas
Re: Two monitor [message #21065 is a reply to message #20048] Thu, 30 April 2009 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is the version svn 951 (windows) that let me use TheIde in double monitor? because doesn't work. There is some option to check?
thanks!

(you missed me? Very Happy )
Re: Two monitor [message #21066 is a reply to message #21065] Thu, 30 April 2009 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
darthspawn wrote on Thu, 30 April 2009 04:21

Is the version svn 951 (windows) that let me use TheIde in double monitor? because doesn't work. There is some option to check?
thanks!

(you missed me? Very Happy )

Why 951?

Current is 1114.

(You can search the changelog

http://code.google.com/p/upp-mirror/source/list

to check when it was fixed).

Mirek
Re: Two monitor [message #21069 is a reply to message #21066] Thu, 30 April 2009 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, rigth! i see the release from sourceforge and I download an old version! thanks

Sam
Two monitor on linux [message #21271 is a reply to message #20048] Mon, 11 May 2009 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
piotr5 is currently offline  piotr5
Experienced Member
I have 2 monitors but I don't want to use them both in linux. therefore I have configured X to start up serperate servers for each monitor. all programs seem to work well with this split, but somehow upp doesn't obey the DISPLAY environment variable, and as a result starting theide on ":0.1" does bring up the ide on the monitor handled by ":0.0" except that all gtk-elements are missing. (I guess gtk does obey the DISPLAY variable, but can't find the window in the correct display where the widgets should be drawn). even compiling with NOGTK doesn't solve the problem -- theide does still start up on the wrong display.

this is a bug still existing in google-svn version from saturday.
Re: Two monitor on linux [message #21272 is a reply to message #21271] Mon, 11 May 2009 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Weird.

The code is in

void InitX11Draw(const char *dispname)

and, at lest with GTK, we are using GTK code to initialise and use display from it.

Maybe you can check it a bit?
Re: Two monitor on linux [message #21439 is a reply to message #21272] Wed, 20 May 2009 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
piotr5 is currently offline  piotr5
Experienced Member
thanks, I found the error. it's not the fault of InitX11Draw(const char *dispname) itself, but rather an error in the function with the same name called by it. there is a superfluous "int" declaring a local variable with the same name as a global one, and this variable is responsible for storing the screen-number. this way the global screen-number is never defined (and luckily defaults to zero). I removed that "int" directive and it works!
Re: Two monitor on linux [message #21442 is a reply to message #21439] Wed, 20 May 2009 14:08 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
piotr5 wrote on Wed, 20 May 2009 04:58

thanks, I found the error. it's not the fault of InitX11Draw(const char *dispname) itself, but rather an error in the function with the same name called by it. there is a superfluous "int" declaring a local variable with the same name as a global one, and this variable is responsible for storing the screen-number. this way the global screen-number is never defined (and luckily defaults to zero). I removed that "int" directive and it works!

Ops. Thanks.

Mirek
Previous Topic: why cant i edit an image a second time?
Next Topic: mouse select text bug
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:02:08 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01938 seconds