Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: CodeEditor, Assist++, Topic++ » in CodeEditor lots of long lines cause heavy flicker [BUG]
BugConfirmed.gif  in CodeEditor lots of long lines cause heavy flicker [BUG] [message #2131] Sun, 02 April 2006 11:05 Go to next message
hojtsy is currently offline  hojtsy
Experienced Member
Open a file in TheIde code editor which has a lots of long lines and short lines intermixed. For example Web/TServ/TServ.sh. Try to move the cursor down along the lines with the keyboard. For every long line the horiz. scrollbar appears, and for short lines it disappears, causing a heavy flickering effect in the whole editor area. I think that the horiz. scollbar should work like in many other editors: sized accoring to the longest line in the file, and not the current line.

[Updated on: Wed, 03 May 2006 20:05] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: lots of long lines in editor cause heavy flicker [message #2174 is a reply to message #2131] Sun, 02 April 2006 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
hojtsy wrote on Sun, 02 April 2006 05:05

Open a file in TheIde code editor which has a lots of long lines and short lines intermixed. For example Web/TServ/TServ.sh. Try to move the cursor down along the lines with the keyboard. For every long line the horiz. scrollbar appears, and for short lines it disappears, causing a heavy flickering effect in the whole editor area. I think that the horiz. scollbar should work like in many other editors: sized accoring to the longest line in the file, and not the current line.

I believe we already agreed on that?

In any case, I have that in my ToDo list.

Mirek
Re: lots of long lines in editor cause heavy flicker [message #2175 is a reply to message #2174] Sun, 02 April 2006 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hojtsy is currently offline  hojtsy
Experienced Member
luzr wrote on Sun, 02 April 2006 16:42

I believe we already agreed on that? In any case, I have that in my ToDo list.
Uhh, sorry. I didn't remember you reacting to my previous report which was just mentioned next to a scollbar bug. And the ToDo.txt in uppscr only contain two notes for scrollbar, neither of which is in english, so I can not understand them.
Re: lots of long lines in editor cause heavy flicker [message #2225 is a reply to message #2175] Tue, 04 April 2006 18:13 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
hojtsy wrote on Sun, 02 April 2006 17:50

luzr wrote on Sun, 02 April 2006 16:42

I believe we already agreed on that? In any case, I have that in my ToDo list.
Uhh, sorry. I didn't remember you reacting to my previous report which was just mentioned next to a scollbar bug. And the ToDo.txt in uppscr only contain two notes for scrollbar, neither of which is in english, so I can not understand them.

Well, never mind. Actually, it will be good if you will repeat it next time you encounter the problem Wink

Mirek
Previous Topic: Assist++ Show list of derived classes from base...? [FEATURE REQUEST]
Next Topic: Assist++: class _DLL_ENTRY __declspec(dllexport) [BUG?][WORKAROUND]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:33:09 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02113 seconds