Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » ArrayCtrl, HeaderCtrl & GridCtrl » Can gridctrl remember row column sizes & other questions
Can gridctrl remember row column sizes & other questions [message #21377] Sat, 16 May 2009 13:41 Go to next message
gprentice is currently offline  gprentice
Experienced Member
Hi

Does GridCtrl have the ability to remember the width/height of individual columns/rows? If not, is there a way to get notification of these things being changed so the settings can be saved and restored or to iteratively save & restore.

Can individual cells in GridCtrl contain controls such as check-boxes or combo boxes or bitmaps?

Is it possible for an individual cell to hold wrapped text (i.e. multiple lines) like in excel?

What are the main differences between GridCtrl and ArrayCtrl?

BTW - in GridCtrl homebudget example about box it says "coping, distributing or using without a valid license is deprecated".
- "coping" should be copying, and what does deprecated mean??

TIA
Graeme

Re: Can gridctrl remember row column sizes & other questions [message #21379 is a reply to message #21377] Sat, 16 May 2009 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

[quote title=gprentice wrote on Sat, 16 May 2009 07:41]Hi

Does GridCtrl have the ability to remember the width/height of individual columns/rows? If not, is there a way to get notification of these things being changed so the settings can be saved and restored or to iteratively save & restore.
[/qoute]
Just add in your Serialize method
s % grid;

of course before serializing all column should be defined.
Quote:

Can individual cells in GridCtrl contain controls such as check-boxes or combo boxes or bitmaps?

Ctrls - generally yes, but it's not available to the developer right now. I'll commit few lines of code today or tomorrow and write in this thread about them.
Bitmaps - not directly, you have to assign a display class for particular cell, but SetDisplay is not right now in public scope. I'll change that too.
Quote:

Is it possible for an individual cell to hold wrapped text (i.e. multiple lines) like in excel?

It cannot be set for cell only. But you can set it for the column.
grid.AddColumn("Wrapped").WrapText()

Quote:

What are the main differences between GridCtrl and ArrayCtrl?

You have more advanced editing features - row mode/cell mode/mixed mode
Coping/Pasting
Summaries
Fixed rows/columns
Shifting rows up/down
Dragging columns/rows

In the past I just needed more advanced ArrayCtrl and modyfing original control was too hard for me and also Mirek and Thomas used it a lot in their commercial software so it was even impossible to do some serious architectural changes. It was simply easier to start with new code.

I'm working right now on adding grouping to grid so this will be another important difference.
Quote:

BTW - in GridCtrl homebudget example about box it says "coping, distributing or using without a valid license is deprecated".
- "coping" should be copying, and what does deprecated mean??

Forget about this. It should be removed. The licence is the same as for U++.

Re: Can gridctrl remember row column sizes & other questions [message #21383 is a reply to message #21379] Sat, 16 May 2009 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello unodgs

Thank you for the improvements.

Sometimes you told you disabled drag-n-drop waiting to enable it in GridCtrl next version. How is this feature?

Best regards
Koldo

Best regards
IƱaki
Re: Can gridctrl remember row column sizes & other questions [message #21384 is a reply to message #21379] Sun, 17 May 2009 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gprentice is currently offline  gprentice
Experienced Member
Thanks Uno/Daniel.
Re: Can gridctrl remember row column sizes & other questions [message #21747 is a reply to message #21379] Wed, 03 June 2009 16:11 Go to previous message
jeremy_c is currently offline  jeremy_c
Experienced Member
unodgs wrote on Sat, 16 May 2009 09:41

I'm working right now on adding grouping to grid so this will be another important difference.

Oh! That's just what I was looking for. How is this going?

Jeremy
Previous Topic: GridCtrl problem
Next Topic: GridCtrl: Sorting and Converters
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:46:19 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 1.31133 seconds