Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » SVN Sync - Commit Message - DocEdit Please?
SVN Sync - Commit Message - DocEdit Please? [message #21814] Sat, 06 June 2009 03:04 Go to next message
jeremy_c is currently offline  jeremy_c
Experienced Member
I am wondering if there is a reason why EditField was choosen as the control instead of a 4-6 line DocEdit? Almost all of my commit messages are always over 1 line and cramming them into 1 line makes my commit messages pretty hard to read/understand.

When working with other open source projects as well, commit messages are typically more than one line.

I worked on changing this and I got it to be a DocEdit control rather easy, but the size was not correct. I could make the row height be that of 6 lines, but the control still appeared as 1 line high, even though it was indeed a DocEdit and I could add multiple lines in.

Is there some reason that it shouldn't be a DocEdit?

Thanks,

Jeremy
Re: SVN Sync - Commit Message - DocEdit Please? [message #21833 is a reply to message #21814] Sun, 07 June 2009 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
jeremy_c wrote on Fri, 05 June 2009 21:04

I am wondering if there is a reason why EditField was choosen as the control instead of a 4-6 line DocEdit? Almost all of my commit messages are always over 1 line and cramming them into 1 line makes my commit messages pretty hard to read/understand.

When working with other open source projects as well, commit messages are typically more than one line.

I worked on changing this and I got it to be a DocEdit control rather easy, but the size was not correct. I could make the row height be that of 6 lines, but the control still appeared as 1 line high, even though it was indeed a DocEdit and I could add multiple lines in.

Is there some reason that it shouldn't be a DocEdit?

Thanks,

Jeremy

Uhm, well, perhaps just htat googlecode mirror is designed for single lines....

Anyway, going to change that now.

Mirek
Re: SVN Sync - Commit Message - DocEdit Please? [message #21834 is a reply to message #21833] Sun, 07 June 2009 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Done.

Mirek
Re: SVN Sync - Commit Message - DocEdit Please? [message #21837 is a reply to message #21834] Mon, 08 June 2009 03:10 Go to previous message
jeremy_c is currently offline  jeremy_c
Experienced Member
Thanks! That's a pitty that googlecode is not geared toward, or at least support nicely, multi-line commits. Anyway, it's good to know that u++ does now!

Jeremy
Previous Topic: big problems with autobuild 1240
Next Topic: CTRL + T doesn't show the form designed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:16:13 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02362 seconds