Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » remote build
remote build [message #19366] Fri, 28 November 2008 23:58 Go to next message
cocob is currently offline  cocob
Experienced Member
I have tried TheIDE remote build functionnality. It's seems to be very nice but on a linux remote host i get these errors.

g++: error trying to exec 'as': execvp: No such file or directory

But as command is on /usr/bin.

Can you help me ?

cocob
Re: remote build [message #19367 is a reply to message #19366] Sat, 29 November 2008 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Just an other little thing.

It seems that the build is parallelized with the count of processor on the local machine (not the remote) so my single processor server is building 4 files at the same time. funny...

cocob
Re: remote build [message #19412 is a reply to message #19366] Mon, 01 December 2008 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Nobody can help me with this ?

g++: error trying to exec 'as': execvp: No such file or directory

For information i'm on Windows VISTA and remote host is debian.
But when i build from an ubuntu OS with the same remote host it works perfectly

[Updated on: Mon, 01 December 2008 18:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: remote build [message #19763 is a reply to message #19366] Wed, 14 January 2009 20:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
For your informations i have always this kind of problems with remote builds

g++: error trying to exec 'cc1plus': execvp: No such file or directory

Here on a Solaris Sparc host. But when i run directly the command on the solaris shell (commad copied from theide verbose mode) it is ok...

cocob

Re: remote build [message #19768 is a reply to message #19366] Thu, 15 January 2009 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
I think the problem come from StartProcess (on TServ package) wich does not use environnement pointer. On this host gcc will not work if environnement variables (LD_LIBRARY_PATH for example) are not defined correctly.

Please help me to modify the call to StartProcess() to transfert environnement variables.

Thanks for your help

[Updated on: Thu, 15 January 2009 22:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: remote build [message #21890 is a reply to message #19366] Tue, 09 June 2009 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Remote build works well now.

The only remaining problem comes from path defined in package organizer.
I have defined relative paths to static libraries in linker options ( "-L../path/libs/ .." ). These path are ignored and libs are not uploaded on the server.

I know it is a difficult question, but it would be very nice to have a solution for this.

cocob
Re: remote build [message #21943 is a reply to message #21890] Thu, 11 June 2009 22:44 Go to previous message
rylek is currently offline  rylek
Hi there!

Thanks for locating and fixing the problem with assembler invocation. As concerns -L, I'm not sure I understand your meaning. Is the problem caused by the remote build omitting the library path specifications, or by the physical library files residing on the local host instead of the remote host? It should be possible to fix the omitted library paths but it doesn't seem to me a very good idea to transfer physical library files between the hosts during the build process. The libraries being built on-the-fly during the build appear and remain on the remote host and I see no reason to install third-party libraries on the local host at all (as they belong to the remote host environment). I still have a feeling I'm missing something there, could you please explain the last problem to me in greater detail?

Regards

Tomas
Previous Topic: New user
Next Topic: new project: compilation problems
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:18:03 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01504 seconds