Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » Applications created with U++ » Scrum Tool
Scrum Tool [message #23244] Fri, 02 October 2009 15:39 Go to next message
zsolt is currently offline  zsolt
Contributor
I got tired of using spredsheats to manage our product backlog, tasks, sprints, printing story cards and manually update our burndown chart, so I created a simple scrum tool using U++.

We are using it in our work, so it is absolutely useful, but has a lot of missing features yet.

Sorry for the pure web page, it is absolutely in a starting phase currently.

Please, let me know your thoughts about the tool.

I have a question also: How to include the copyright notice of U++, PostgreSQL libraries, etc. in the software?

Should I put the whole Copying files to somewhere? Or is it enough to put a greeting into the (corrently not written) online help?
Re: Scrum Tool [message #23287 is a reply to message #23244] Wed, 07 October 2009 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
There are Linux versions available:

http://www.scrum-tool.com/dl/ScrumTool-Linux-Ubuntu904-GTK-0 .05.tar.gz
http://www.scrum-tool.com/dl/ScrumTool-Linux-Ubuntu904-NoGTK -0.05.tar.gz

These are built and tested on Ubuntu 9.04 (32 bit). They are tested and working on Fedora 11 as well.

Refreshed the Features section on the homepage also:
http://www.scrum-tool.com/

Comments, suggestions?
Re: Scrum Tool [message #23290 is a reply to message #23287] Wed, 07 October 2009 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello zsolt

I do not have a Postgre database.

Could you include some screenshots to have an idea about how it works ?
Sorry for the poor feedback. Scrum, sprints, ... are new words for me.

Best regards
Koldo

Best regards
IƱaki
Re: Scrum Tool [message #23303 is a reply to message #23290] Thu, 08 October 2009 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Hello Koldo,

Thanks for suggesting screenshots. We will create some better webpage with screenshots soon.

Scrum is a very lightweight project management approach used mainly in software and hardware development.

It has a special terminology, but it is very easy to learn and use. A good starting point would be the Scrum page in wikipedia.

And yes, maybe there are some need to a simpler database. Maybe sqlite?
Re: Scrum Tool [message #23354 is a reply to message #23244] Tue, 13 October 2009 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g6b0r is currently offline  g6b0r
Promising Member
I haven't checked the tool yet.
But this idea with scrum tool (and the scrum-tool.com) sounds promising business case:) with the high popularity of scrum.

Why was your db choice the PostgreSQL instead of for instance MySQL?

Gabor
Re: Scrum Tool [message #23358 is a reply to message #23354] Tue, 13 October 2009 18:28 Go to previous message
Contributor
This scrum-tool.com is the result of my pure fantasy to find a good name for it Smile

Yes, I got a lot of comments on this MySQL topic, but the license fee of the MySQL library would be horrible compared to the planned price-level of this tool.

Thanks for your comments, I would be glad to get some opinion, suggestion regarding the sofware also.
Previous Topic: drawing toy ( sort of )
Next Topic: Open Source Project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:59:04 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01293 seconds