Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » Running a custom preprocessor on your sources
Running a custom preprocessor on your sources [message #23495] Fri, 23 October 2009 12:56 Go to next message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
I would like to run a custom preprocessor on my sources, like MOC or other ones. Having a package, for each file foo.bar I would like TheIDE to run that command, which command will generate a new file called foo.smthelse or foo.bar.cpp, and then doing normal build (without BLITZ of course) with these new files.

I tried using "Custom build steps" but I couldn't get TheIDE to pick up the newly generated files. Is this possible?

[Updated on: Fri, 23 October 2009 15:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Running a custom preprocessor on your sources [message #23525 is a reply to message #23495] Tue, 27 October 2009 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
masu is currently offline  masu
Simply adding your generated files to the package should work.
I used SWIG in the past and I had been in a similar situation.
I had *.i files to be preprocessed by SWIG which then generated *cpp files. Then I added these *.cpp files to the package.

Matthias
Re: Running a custom preprocessor on your sources [message #23526 is a reply to message #23525] Tue, 27 October 2009 11:59 Go to previous message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
I would like this to be done automatically because I am not editing only the files that are going to get preprocessed, and this must be done on every build. The result is also quite unreadable sometimes Smile.

I have temporarily solved the problem. I created a project that contains the files that are going to be preprocessed. I created a rule in "Custom build steps" based on extension and gave the tool an output folder where I have created a second project. Then I open a second TheIDE instance on the second project. So it's build in first IDE, build and run in the second one.
Previous Topic: General FIND/REPLACE/FIND_AGAIN refactoring
Next Topic: Bug crashing TheIDE fixed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:56:31 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05536 seconds