Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » New .scd speller file format
New .scd speller file format [message #23646] Tue, 10 November 2009 12:13 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
After working with Koldo on spellers for Basque language, the resulting .scd size was 20MB, which was unacceptable.

Therefore I have developed a new .scd format which has much reduced file size, that Basque is now 5MB, which is not great but completely acceptable.

RichEdit still supports older .scds as well.

[Updated on: Tue, 10 November 2009 18:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: News .scd speller file format [message #23647 is a reply to message #23646] Tue, 10 November 2009 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello Mirek

These are good news mainly for so called agglutinative languages like Turkish, Japanese, Georgian and many others like of course Basque, where most words are formed by joining morphemes together.

As you proposed now it is possible to create a place in Google Code or SourceForge where everybody can put and download spelling dictionaries for Upp (mainly with BSD like licenses Smile).

Just to remember that uppsrc/MakeSpellScd package lets to compile a UTF-8 (without BOM) text file with a word per line into a .scd file.

One good thing would be to document this or/and add a small sample about how to use the spelling technology into a program.

Best regards
Koldo

Best regards
IƱaki
Re: News .scd speller file format [message #23649 is a reply to message #23647] Tue, 10 November 2009 20:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

A little question. May be it will be good idea to make scd file compatible with OpenOffice vocabulary files? So we could use OO community efforts in our projects.
Re: News .scd speller file format [message #23651 is a reply to message #23649] Tue, 10 November 2009 23:13 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Mindtraveller wrote on Tue, 10 November 2009 14:50

A little question. May be it will be good idea to make scd file compatible with OpenOffice vocabulary files? So we could use OO community efforts in our projects.

You can convert these files to the plain set of words. I even have a tool to do so.

My problem with OO format is that I do NOT really have an idea how to use it for fast spellchecking Smile

Mirek
Previous Topic: U++ website automated nightly refresh
Next Topic: U++ 1713 released
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 10:29:28 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01276 seconds