FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Core » FtpClient use with Progress FIX
FtpClient use with Progress FIX [message #23938] Tue, 08 December 2009 11:41 Go to next message
kohait00 is currently offline  kohait00
Experienced Contributor
hi there
i was in need to use the plugin/ftp FtpClient with the presence of a Gate2<int, int> callback for the Progress, just like in the HttpClient. so this one is a quick hack, really quick.

the ones who coded the FtpClient should maybe take a look on it, to make HttpClient and FtpClient behave similar in the Progress point, so far it only shows progress in the SaveCount stuff..

in all the other calls I just use WhenProgress(0,0), no idea if this is rigt, the Progress just spins around, which is sort of ok, indicating that something is in progress

greets

PS: simply replace, it should compile fine, since i have taken the last svn release, which is 64 Smile
Re: FtpClient use with Progress FIX [message #23939 is a reply to message #23938] Tue, 08 December 2009 17:01 Go to previous message
rylek is currently offline  rylek
Hello kohait00!

I think this is a really good idea. I originally started with a similar motivation, after porting FreeBSD FTP client to U++ and using it for some time in UVS2 I found myself in need of a progress callback to take care of the application getting stuck in case of various network errors, so I made a quick fix omitting the two parameters. I see your contribution as an elegant step towards unification of the many duplicities in U++ (I think to this date we have about four or five different progress notification mechanisms) and as I see the fix as quite benign, I have posted it to the live SVN U++ tree.

Regards

Tomas
Previous Topic: Latest change on FileMapping::Map() wrong for win32
Next Topic: VectorIndex
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 05:19:52 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.09486 seconds