Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » Upp meeting on next Tuesday 12
Upp meeting on next Tuesday 12 [message #24303] Sat, 09 January 2010 15:28 Go to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hey all !

Do you want to be with your Upp colleagues?.
If yes, meet them next Tuesday 12 at 22:00 UTC in IRC*.

Come, take your favorite drink and talk with the Upp community. Free entrance Smile.

Don't be afraid. Come on. Everybody wants to know your ideas !

… and Mirek has promised to be there.

Best regards
Koldo

*How to get there?

- Install IRC. For example in Firefox you can use Chatzilla https://addons.mozilla.org/es-ES/firefox/addon/16
- Then enter in irc://slashnet/u++

*FAQ Smile

- Why in IRC and not in ICQ, Google Talk or Skype ?
Well, IRC is open, does not require an account and as it is a chatting system, you do not need to speak English fluently to understand everybody.

- Why at 22:00 UTC
It is a time that, with more or less effort, many people all over the world could attend

- Where is the program?
I had one but, I forgot it in the underground Very Happy !. If you have some opinion, idea or question, just post it here before. If we do not have enough time, we should have to meet us again Smile !

- Which is the right drink ?
Well, you know, tea, coffee, czech beer…

- And why not a full conference, with hostesses dressing in red
Ok, if you sponsor it.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Upp meeting on next Tuesday 12 [message #24306 is a reply to message #24303] Sun, 10 January 2010 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
http://www.slashnet.org/clients

I will try to attend too, but I foresee unforeseeable complications next week, and I'm not sure which day those complications will happen. Also I have to remember... This may be in the end the biggest problem. Very Happy
Re: Upp meeting on next Tuesday 12 [message #24319 is a reply to message #24306] Sun, 10 January 2010 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Note: For those like me how are confused with UTC, you can check it e.g. here: Smile

http://www.thetimenow.com/index.cgi?loc=257
Re: Upp meeting on next Tuesday 12 [message #24320 is a reply to message #24319] Sun, 10 January 2010 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
luzr wrote on Sun, 10 January 2010 21:02

Note: For those like me how are confused with UTC, you can check it e.g. here: Smile

http://www.thetimenow.com/index.cgi?loc=257

And here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coordinated_Universal_Time
or here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_time_zones

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Upp meeting on next Tuesday 12 [message #24321 is a reply to message #24303] Sun, 10 January 2010 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrei_natanael is currently offline  andrei_natanael
Experienced Member
koldo wrote on Sat, 09 January 2010 16:28

Hey all !

The funny part... i will attend to meeting on Wednesday 13 at 00:00 (if i'm right with calculations)

Latitude: +46.08 (46°04'48"N)
Longitude: +23.57 (23°34'12"E)
Time zone: UTC+2 hours

If in Prague, Czech Republic will be Tuesday 12 at 23:00, then i think i have right Rolling Eyes
Re: Upp meeting on next Tuesday 12 [message #24327 is a reply to message #24321] Mon, 11 January 2010 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
andrei_natanael wrote on Sun, 10 January 2010 23:51

koldo wrote on Sat, 09 January 2010 16:28

Hey all !

The funny part... i will attend to meeting on Wednesday 13 at 00:00 (if i'm right with calculations)

Latitude: +46.08 (46°04'48"N)
Longitude: +23.57 (23°34'12"E)
Time zone: UTC+2 hours

If in Prague, Czech Republic will be Tuesday 12 at 23:00, then i think i have right Rolling Eyes

Hello Andrei

You are right Rolling Eyes

For the next time we can check the UTC time preferences for the meeting attendees so that we can put the meeting in the better hour.

Best regards
Koldo

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Upp meeting on next Tuesday 12 [message #24328 is a reply to message #24327] Mon, 11 January 2010 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello all

For next or other meetings I include some proposals. They are not original as more or less they have been commented in Forum before:

Poll to choose the better meeting time
Every attendee can indicate his/her favorites begin-end times. We can mix them and determinate the better time for next meetings, trying to reduce the attendees effort but also trying that everybody can stay.

Development Projects
Bazaar is good; people go mainly alone and prepare new interesting things.
But some things because of the complexity (example: video player) or the wide range (example: documentation) may require more than one person. Sometimes you have free time, you feel good and clever and do excellent software. But other times you do not, so really more than one person would be required to get the goals in finite time.
And this requires coordination.
It would be positive to have a place to coordinate teamworks. That place could let to:
* Propose new projects: definition, goals, output expected
* Arrange teams
* Put the status, news, schedule
Bazaar page could be this place, although some dynamic parts, like project specification, perhaps could be in a collaborative documentation place like Google Docs. The final output would be C++ or T++.

Bazaar page
Now we have a Bazaar page. It is great !. And we can do it better. It is proposed to add new info. to this page like:
* For the package users
--* Component table
--* How to use them
* For the package authors
--* Introduction and license
--* How to include new contents
----* Package description
----* Upload system
----* Folder organization
----* Permissions
----* Format
----* Max size
--* Maintenance
Bazaar page could even be more significant if it would center former proposal.

Ultimate Book
Ultimate documentation is growing and is available in TheIde and Upp applications through Topic++ help technology.
However some of us think that there is a space for a well structured book including the documentation from the beginners side to the reference guide and appendixes with Bazaar projects. Easy to read in the introduction areas, but complete in the reference areas, with many examples and following Upp design style. All the docs in one place instead of in different help pages, so easier to be distributed.
To do it from the scratch would be an astonishing job. Not only to build it up, it has to be maintained updated.
So why not have both things at the same time ?: Based in Upp technology we can have a help system and a book with only one effort.
Join to prepare the required software and redefine the actual help pages to be compatible with the book.

Best regards
Koldo

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Upp meeting on next Tuesday 12 [message #24334 is a reply to message #24328] Mon, 11 January 2010 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrjt is currently offline  mrjt
Contributor
I'd like to attend. I'm actually on a business trip to Oslo then, but I should be able to manage it.

In particular I'd like to get involved in a larger project. I don't feel I have the time for an independant project but contributing to something larger would be great.
Re: Upp meeting on next Tuesday 12 [message #24340 is a reply to message #24328] Mon, 11 January 2010 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
koldo wrote on Mon, 11 January 2010 11:13

Bazaar page could be this place, although some dynamic parts, like project specification, perhaps could be in a collaborative documentation place like Google Docs. The final output would be C++ or T++.

Sorry, but i dislike to use too many sources...
We have nightly builds, bug reports, feature requests, wiki, repository mirroring on googlecode, some releases, bug reports and feature request on sourceforge, site, documentation and forum on ultimatepp.org. If we manage to use git for U++ repository where will be master repo which everyone may clone? Gitorious, GoogleCode, SourceForge, Ultimatepp? Just count with me how many accounts one need to participate to one single project:
U++ forum, Google, Sourceforge, Subversion account. Now think that one may participate to more than one project.
IMO we have to have one central point, Ultimatepp site, documentation is here, forum is here and eventually a single host for repository and which provide bug reports, feature requests or we should put these last two on U++ site.

Sorry for being off-topic a bit.
Re: Upp meeting on next Tuesday 12 [message #24342 is a reply to message #24334] Mon, 11 January 2010 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
mrjt wrote on Mon, 11 January 2010 12:22

I'd like to attend. I'm actually on a business trip to Oslo then, but I should be able to manage it.

In particular I'd like to get involved in a larger project. I don't feel I have the time for an independant project but contributing to something larger would be great.

Thank you mrjt for your support

We have many skills and experiences. It would be great to create a framework to let to keep those sometimes small, sometimes big efforts into nice projects.

Best regards
Koldo

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Upp meeting on next Tuesday 12 [message #24346 is a reply to message #24340] Mon, 11 January 2010 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
andrei_natanael wrote on Mon, 11 January 2010 16:29

koldo wrote on Mon, 11 January 2010 11:13

Sorry, but i dislike to use too many sources...
We have nightly builds, bug reports, feature requests, wiki, repository mirroring on googlecode, some releases, bug reports and feature request on sourceforge, site, documentation and forum on ultimatepp.org. If we manage to use git for U++ repository where will be master repo which everyone may clone? Gitorious, GoogleCode, SourceForge, Ultimatepp? Just count with me how many accounts one need to participate to one single project:
U++ forum, Google, Sourceforge, Subversion account. Now think that one may participate to more than one project.
IMO we have to have one central point, Ultimatepp site, documentation is here, forum is here and eventually a single host for repository and which provide bug reports, feature requests or we should put these last two on U++ site.

Sorry for being off-topic a bit.

Hello Andrei

I agree with you Smile. Precisely because of it I think it is important to have a meeting like tomorrow and to center and coordinate the efforts. Don't you ?.

Best regards
koldo

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Upp meeting on next Tuesday 12 [message #24348 is a reply to message #24346] Mon, 11 January 2010 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
I'll attend if nothing unexpected happen, even if in that morning i have an exam at university Wink.

Andrei
Re: Upp meeting on next Tuesday 12 [message #24356 is a reply to message #24348] Tue, 12 January 2010 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
I'll try to be there today. Just need to find and IRC. Is mIRC still "cool"?
Re: Upp meeting on next Tuesday 12 [message #24366 is a reply to message #24303] Tue, 12 January 2010 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
mIRC was *NEVER* "cool". Smile
Ask anyone who used IRC before mIRC. (like me)
Re: Upp meeting on next Tuesday 12 [message #24367 is a reply to message #24366] Tue, 12 January 2010 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Well I can't seem to connect. Room is "u++" right?
Re: Upp meeting on next Tuesday 12 [message #24368 is a reply to message #24367] Tue, 12 January 2010 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
yes
Re: Upp meeting on next Tuesday 12 [message #24369 is a reply to message #24367] Tue, 12 January 2010 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Did yo try this webclient? www.slashnet.org/webclient/u++
Should work anywhere Smile
Re: Upp meeting on next Tuesday 12 [message #24370 is a reply to message #24303] Wed, 13 January 2010 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Reini is currently offline  Reini
Promising Member
Just a small addition since I did not find a suitable client for OSX I just used the webclient.

http://www.slashnet.org/webclient

cYa next time Razz

[Updated on: Wed, 13 January 2010 01:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Upp meeting on next Tuesday 12 [message #24376 is a reply to message #24303] Wed, 13 January 2010 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello all

Wow!. Great meeting.

Many attendees (10) and some that almost attend (2) Smile.

Everybody talked and the consensus was surprisingly high.

Summary will be posted tomorrow.

Next meeting on Tuesday, January 26 21:00 UTC. Put it in your agenda Smile

Best regards
Koldo

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Upp meeting on next Tuesday 12 [message #24378 is a reply to message #24376] Wed, 13 January 2010 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Ultimate Contributor
Well I couldn't connect neither with mIRC nor Opera's incorporated IRC chat. Using the web interface I had more luck, but by the time I managed this it was 23 UTC. I was the only one in the room, and later I was 3 times at the same time in the room with random names generated by the interface Smile. How long was the meeting?
Previous Topic: Happy new year 2010!
Next Topic: Nightly builds broken...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:23:25 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01366 seconds